New Homey 2023: from scratch or restore?

I expected it working somehow or to determine where it goes wrong. I realize that it’s in early stage. But now I’ve experienced it, it feels like it’s all very beta and the release candidates are very misleading. Who the fuck has 118 release candidates? That’s just bad programming or version numbering. And bad issue mentioning.
And bad customer service by having a week or 2 to respond.

And I am also annoyed by the fact I try to get things working and you state the obvious. What’s the point of having a forum if the only answer is ‘don’t know’ and ‘who knows’?

This is a community forum, if you want definitive answers send a support request and wait for 2 weeks.

2 Likes

I tend to disagree, I know they are still fixing errors on the way and you know that Robert as well.
How much developers were sacrificed for Matter? I don’t know on other side, this is for sure something they were working for months. Was it the right move? Yes, marketing wise…now let’s hope they will also polish key issues soon

I think that marketing wise it would be much better to drop the “release candidate” charade with the current firmware ASAP and get HP2023 out of “early release” status, instead of having an eternal beta. That should, IMO, have a higher priority that adding new features that look nice but don’t solve any of the existing problems that users are having.

@Renzo Hmmm I’m sorry, but I have to say please grow up, I think you know very well you bought a beta product which is in heavy development, and now you’ve come to realize it was a stupid decision.

I’m also reading posts from Pro 2023 users with no problems whatsoever.
So, what the real issues are, I don’t know man.

From what I know about Robert, he has answers when there are answers.
Support doesn’t have answers as well, but will tell you it is all gonna be solved as soon™ as possible.

1 Like

I’ve also started from scratch with the HP2023 It took some time ofc, but I like the programming so it was a no brainer for me and all 42+ zigbee light work great now.

I have the same problems on mine, especially with Aquara devices. Some work, some don’t. I reset the zigbe network, but it din’t help. I am considering reinstalling the unit from scratch, but it is a lot of work. No one can tell me ig that will help … Please let me know if you do a complete reinstall, and if that solves the problems.

I did a restore, but by the time I cleaned and paired and organised it all - it would have likely been easier just to start fresh and move devices over room by room

indeed I’ve also restarted from scratch also since I have become better at programming the Homey so the code of the HP2023 looks way better that the HP2019