New feature Idea: Advanced Insights!

Yes? I can see the point in seeing when a state changes (light/dark, door open/close, user home/away etc)
Seeing these changes in the same view as numerical values can be helpful.

2 Likes

Like this?

No, in a chart, not a few lines of text that you can’t apply a range to :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I agree, on and off states as 0 and 1 in graphics are definitely useful

3 Likes

its not about what we think if it ever will be available, it is about how many people love to see this feature come to homey pro. And as you say maybe as an paid option, I’m good with that :grin:

Ok, I get it.

There are also a lot of people who want a nice dashboard for homey,
But I haven’t seen one from Athom.

1 Like

Yes, i’m also one of them. But because you havent seen any dashboard any other idea is stupid or unnecessary?

I totally agree on having better insights with much less aggressively condensed data and for a longer period of time. Very useful to be able to query and slice & dice historic data and put them in custom dashboards! IMO this is definitely one of the areas where Homey currently is lacking.

HP2023 probably has enough headroom to implement this locally, but even when offered as a cloud subscription for a few €/month it would be worth considering for me, especially when combined with other features like backup.

BT: And I am personally also missing 0/1 boolean values in Insights graphs a lot, for example to quickly see motion patterns during the day.

1 Like

I fully agree with you, more people above want to see this added to insights, I added it to my original story above! thank you

1 Like

Athom is providing insights for daily use for the common user group.
If you need more insight data, you can use one of the possible apps like

• export insights
  • influx/grafana
  • export to sql

This way you make a local copy of your needed data. I think you won’t need all capabilities but only some like energy data etc.
I created the MySQL app exactly for this purpose to export hourly/daily energy capabilities to a Sql database. This way I can analyze the data independent of Homey.

Ronny thank you for your answer/help but as I said in my story above, I’m not seeking for other apps or something that will do this work. an other app is always much more work like adding/maintaining flows and devices than a standart integration.

Ok, was only an idea - special solution for special needs :upside_down_face:

Athom had problems with writing the memory full only with insights in the first Homeys. That’s why it’s compressed now. I can only imagin, that it perrhaps could be less compressed in Homey23 (optional) - if Athom would add such an option.

No problem thinking along is always good, I think there are several solution to make it happen but thats on Athom

Totally into your story Robin. I’ve worked a lot with data historians in chemicals plants where they store minute based values for over 5,000 measuring points for many years, without losing the granularity and with very low storage needs (not a SQL type of storage, but timeseries storage). They use special compressing algorithms for that, something that could be applied for Homey as well, I think. Happy to discuss this in more detail.
Would love to have such capabilities in Homey Pro as well. :wink:

1 Like

This crosses my mind. I am using the free (cloud) version of tableau for analytics (before, it was qlikview, but thats not free anymore). With tableau you can make pixelperfect , granular 2d,3d, multi d analytics.
Homey can export to google sheets, and tableau can read from it.

Personally, i have no use case yet, but if you have a lot of analog values (like power consumption, solar generation, water consumption etc) in yr environment, it might be useful to look at tableau.

1 Like