Nest + Homey = Dead API by 31th August

It is no longer possible to pair Nest devices with Homey. Only devices added before the 31st of August, when the Nest Partner API was discontinued, will continue functioning. Therefore, this App is deprecated and can no longer receive support. Read more.

From the readme file from the latest update of the Nest app. So only for current users, that’s why the app isn’t in the App Store anymore most likely.

yes true but everything was paired before

I have read about others having the same issue on different platforms. It sounds like Google might be signing accounts out, once you have lost the auth on an app, you can’t get it back.

All of my IFTTT Nest flows were disconnected yesterday (and other people I know).
Google are signing people out of the old API, they are killing it slowly but surely.

Nest is writing on their website:

" We’ll also invite smart home developer enthusiasts to participate in our Device Access for Individuals sandbox, allowing you to directly control your own Nest devices for your private integrations and automations."

Is this something that can be worked with?!

Edit: https://developers.google.com/nest/device-access

Late 2020 it will be available. But homey users might have to register as developer to use this, if it ever comes to an app.

2 Likes

Nest thermostat still works fine with homey for me. No problems what so ever :+1:

same!

Still missing out… Any developments?

also waiting for it!

Now available:

Great News!!

i contacted athom. and they are saying that the won`t make a new app at the moment. they say google has extreme demands…

Hi Wesley,

Bedankt dat je opnieuw contact met ons hebt opgenomen.

Helaas is het voor ons op dit moment niet haalbaar om de Google Nest API te integreren in een (nieuwe) app, voornamelijk door de extreme eisen die Google stelt.

Mocht de situatie in de toekomst beter worden zullen we hier natuurlijk snel naar kijken, we willen namelijk graag de Nest apparaten ondersteunen!

Ik ga er vanuit dat je vraag hiermee is beantwoord, daarom sluit ik nu je ticket. Mocht je aanvullende support nodig hebben kun je je ticket heropenen door te antwoorden op deze email.

Ik wens je een fijne dag en veel plezier met Homey!

Met vriendelijke groet,

i contacted athom. and they are saying that the won`t make a new app at the moment. they say google has extreme demands…

Hi Wesley,

Bedankt dat je opnieuw contact met ons hebt opgenomen.
Helaas is het voor ons op dit moment niet haalbaar om de Google Nest API te integreren in een (nieuwe) app, voornamelijk door de extreme eisen die Google stelt.
Mocht de situatie in de toekomst beter worden zullen we hier natuurlijk snel naar kijken, we willen namelijk graag de Nest apparaten ondersteunen!
Ik ga er vanuit dat je vraag hiermee is beantwoord, daarom sluit ik nu je ticket. Mocht je aanvullende support nodig hebben kun je je ticket heropenen door te antwoorden op deze email.
Ik wens je een fijne dag en veel plezier met Homey!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Strange that Homey does not see it as feasible and Alarm.com, Control4, DISH, OhmConnect, NRG Energy, and Vivint Smart Home all did

Maybe the individual program can be an outcome if Homey cannot or wiil not comply tot the commercial program

What is Individual access? How is it different from Commercial access?

Individual Access is for smart home enthusiasts to participate in Device Access. This allows you to directly control your own Nest devices for your private integrations up to a certain number of users and without a formal review process. It also provides partners with a chance to test their integrations before they submit for Commercial access. Commercial access opens up the integration to a wider audience and requires a complete review process, including an annual security assessment.

Works with Nest had a sandbox for personal integrations. Can I do that with Device Access?

Yes, in the Device Access for Individuals sandbox you can directly control your own Nest devices for your private integrations and automations. These smaller integrations do not require a security audit or review, and have a limited number of allowed users.

If you would like more information, see the Device Access site.

Still hoping for a good app. Still have badnest on home assistant but an app in homey would be better.

Indeed an app where you could fill in your personal api key would be sufficient no commercial license needed then.

With current list of devices are not the Nest Protects unfortunately. These are the ones I have from Nest. (luckily the old app still works for me).

Did check the developers site. Payed 5 usd to get the developer access… Looked around and was completely overwhelmed.

I really like the idea but havent checked the api yet. If a have to pay 5dollar to activate the app and get a token I would do it!!!