Nest and flow

Hello, is it possible to control my nest thermostat from within a flow (e.g. set target temp)

I can’t see the card in the flow editor, am I doing something wrong or is it just not there?

I’d like to put the heating in eco when a when an outside door is left open for an amount of time.

1 Like

You are probably using the app’s part in the flow editor, if you added your thermostat already as a device you will have (at least) 2 “nest things” in your devices list, the triggers for the app itself (away mode, etc), and the thermostat itself, you will need to add the thermostat itself in the flow editor to change the temperature

1 Like

@Caseda, thnx missed that part :blush:

Had exactly the same :smiley: thanks!

I have a question about Nest and flows too. I have a heated floor and I want to turn on the pump ONLY when the Nest is actually heating. Turning it off is easy based on away status, but I don’t want it turning on by home status, because that would be useless if the target temperature is already met. I tried HVAC status heating, but that does not seem to work.

edit: according to the app store, hvac status: heating should do this, but I haven’t noticed the pump being turned on. Did some testing and it was in the log … you can turn on the heating while your home status is away, with Nest and with the Homey app, but the log says: ‘(Living Room thermostat) Failed when structure mode is away’. The heating turns on, but it look like the HVAC state is not reported.

If I set my home status to Home and THEN turn on the heating, the pump turns on. So it’s a timing issue. I can’t set the Nest status to ‘Home’ in a flow.