Need tip for a funky garageport when its open?

Hi
I have an garagedoor that have a simple manual motor that are controled wireless by a button(Some internal protocol I dont want to mess with)
Problem is that my garagedoor are sensitive and dont close properly or change direction… so it stands open without me knowing!
Its a small 3m wide port that opens up in the ceeling, closes to the ground,

I wounder if someone have a tip on some device I can use to get info in Homey on if my garagedoor are open?

I motion sensor will not work.
Maybe something with a microswitch that I can have on the ground? or on the rail on the side??

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

You can try to install a door sensor. A magnet on the door and the sensor on the floor and on the rail or ceiling. Or something like that.
https://www.aqara.com/en/door_and_window_sensor.html

1 Like

You can think about a meross garage door opener. It’s tells me when the door is open.

1 Like

This is the solution I use on my garage door, telling me it is NOT closed and/or in transit. Very simple to build. :slightly_smiling_face:
Best Way to use a Door Sensor on a GARAGE DOOR - YouTube (thanks to the original designer!)

4 Likes

You can use also a Fibaro Smart Implant (Z-Wave) or a Shelly Uni (WiFi) (both need power supply!) and connect two reed sensors (one for open, one for close).

1 Like

Another idea can be: an Aqara vibration sensor has a tilt sensor. You could use that to determine if the door seems open or closed.

1 Like

I use Frient Zigbee Door sensors for this, battery powered but happy to use AAA rechargeable. Had been using Shelly Door sensors but they are harder on batteries and use an unusual size and not rechargeables

1 Like

This was a smart solution and creative! Will try it !

1 Like