Nedis WiFi Smart plug and Nedis® SmartLife

As (satisfied) owner of a Fibaro Home Center, I am considering moving to a Homey. This is due to the cost of the equipment. However, I also want to switch to other brands and I now use the Neo series for a few weeks. I am satisfied with this. It does what it has to do.

Now I saw the Nedis Wi-Fi Smart plug and many otherNedis SmartLife products. Does or can this also work with the Homey?

Hereby the URL of the manufacturer: https://webshop.nedis.nl/nl-nl/550671326/wifip110fwt

5 Likes

If someone is willing to make an app for it it can be supported. It

1 Like

And that’s where this topic comes in!

4 Likes

Geweldig!! Ik zou ook heel graag willen dat deze app in de Home komt. Lijkt me niet moeilijk voor een programmeur!

Succes!

Gr. Willem.

1 Like

For now you should be able to connect them with ifttt since they are tuya devices. I believe it’s the smart life service in ifttt.

I’ve ordered a duo e27 rgb light bulb set, should be able to test them somewhere this week

Rgb e27 bulbs received and works with ifttt

How do you set it up? I’ve been scratching my head for quite a bit regarding this… :roll_eyes:

First create a flow in Homey If … then IFTTT and give in a random name to the ifttt event

Secondly, open IFTTT app or website and create a new event for Homey, you can then select the random name you provided in the Homey Flow

Then you can set the smart life applet with on/off light bulb action (then in Ifttt)

1 Like

The other way around is also possible:
Create new IFTTT applet for your smart life decice (if light turned on) and set a Homey flow as action (then in IFTTT)

1 Like

Big downside is the response time… takes more than a few seconds before the whole flow (homey-ifttt) completes

1 Like

This thread/also this post (screenshot below) helped :slight_smile:

Didn’t find it all too logical, but now I know how to do it.

Is there a way to execute the flows (turn light on/off) via Google assistant?
Answer to self: Yes. Just insert “Microphone” as a trigger and set “something was said that contains…” and a trigger word. Or two. Or more.

I just found some code that should work with tuya devices. And these are rebranded tuya. If someone is willing to come over to my place with some devices I could test things out?

3 Likes

Does that count for any Tuya/Smartlife device.
I can always send you one

Any update on this? :slightly_smiling_face: Response times through IFTTT aren’t ideal.

1 Like

I’ve been able to control my Tuya devices (A diffuser) through homey, requires an alexa and the tuya alexa skill installed.

1 Like

Jamie are you saying you can control an Alexa device or a Alexa controller device through homey? Via IP/HTTP? Or are you getting homey to speak to Alexa?

I’ve been trying to do this with my blinds for ages, can control through Alexa but not through homey?

I add and control alexa devices and alexa smart home devices to homey. Then control them from the app / flows, its great for devices which homey can not natively support but alexa can.

I say ‘smart home devices’ but the only smart home device I have used it on is as I said the diffuser :

https://www.oittm.com/Oittm-Smart-Wi-fi-Aroma-Essential-Oil-Diffuser

Which has a Tuya chip in it, adding it directly to homey makes the token alexa is using invalid - so this is a nice work around.

2 Likes

Don’t know. But could be. Maybe we can work this out somehow?

Don’t have an Alexa device. Could someone explain how this works in combination with Homey and the Tuya devices? Can you use the device states in Homey flows (on/off/brightness/…)? Currently using Ifttt for my Nedis(tuya) lightbulbs but most of the time to slow in responding…

1 Like

I’m still curious why there is so little buzz and interest of these bulbs: https://www.nedis.com/category/lighting/light-bulbs/led-bulbs?&filter[186]=Wi-Fi

I’d gladly support development of an app for these!

4 Likes