Nedis app

Well, that’s the marketing language.

In the real world, for a lot of / almost all devices it is needed they’re have to be supported by an app. And someone has to write and support that app. Like, Athom, or the brand itself, or a community developer (unpaid volunteers).

So as you noticed, there’s luckily some workarounds here and there, but you’ll have to put in some effort.
So, some gear is plug and play (pray), and some is not but Homey can still control it

What I’d like to advice: before you buy any smart gear to use with Homey, check the app store if your device is supported.

Lots of brands sell re-branded Tuya devices. With zigbee is the problem brands can adjust the driver a bit, to their flavour (to force you to buy only their brand).
I don’t know if there’s an overview somewhere, but I’m under the impression Aquara, Ikea and Hue for instance, don’t work, or not for 100% with Tuya zigbee hub.
A Hue hub / Ikea hub probably doesn’t work Tuya zigbee devices.

I have Ikea, Aqara and Tuya (Neo coolcam) zigbee gear at my Homey, and it runs pretty stable:

Yes, there is sooooo much different gear for sale, it’s impossible to support all
The Tuya Zigbee app f.i. is pretty amazing however, when you see the list of devices it already supports.
Did you install the test version by the way? It becomes available in the app store when you add /test to the url.

1 Like