Nanoleaf Matter GU10 Smart Bulbs anacd Homey Pro

Hello,
I’m contacting you because I have a pack of Nanoleaf G10 bulbs that I want to connect to my house.
I was able to connect them easily to the nanoleaf appliocation, they networked Thread with my nanoleaf panels.

I just want to add them to my Homey Pro, and then to Alexa so that I can control them by voice.
But when I want to add them to Homey Pro, it can’t detect them to add them. Same thing with Alexa, it can’t connect them.
So I tried deleting a light from Nanoleaf to add it first on Homey Pro, but again it didn’t detect it, whereas on the Nanoleaf app I could easily add it.

How can I do this?

Thanks to you :)!

There are two types of G10 bulbs from Nanoleaf; Thread via Homekit and Thread via Matter. Which version did you get? Only the Thread via Matter bulbs work with Homey Pro / Alexa.

1 Like

I have thoses ones : Nanoleaf Essentials | Smart Light Bulbs | Color Changing Lights
So its Thread via Matter

Hmm, that’s strange. I’ll test it with a sample we have on hand and get back to you shortly.

EDIT:

I just tested the sample and it works without any issues for me with Homey Pro (early 2023), added the bulb via the Homey Web App

Do you know which device is the Thread border router in that setup?

Typically how it works is that you initially pair a Matter-over-Thread device with a Thread border router. That router will then be able to provide a new pairing code that you can use to pair the device with other controllers, like Homey or Alexa.

By the way, Homey doesn’t support such a setup, so you can’t use Homey as a Thread border router if you also want to use the device with other controllers. But that doesn’t seem to be the issue here.

Just by adding them with “Add Matter product” ?
There really is something I don’t understand…

Maybe the fact that I’ve already added them to Nanoleaf means that they’re no longer in pairing mode?

Afaik the device shouldn’t be paired to anything, when you want to pair it with Homey.

Very interesting info about Thread & Matter:

Nanoleaf devices can sometimes act weird when added to their app. You might find it easier to remove them from the Nanoleaf app and try adding them to Homey Pro first.

Besides that, we’ve also just released an update for the Homey App, introducing support for Matter Multi-Admin mode. This allows you to add Matter devices to multiple platforms.

To pair your Matter device with another platform, open the device’s settings in the Homey app, then tap Advanced Settings → Share Matter Device and scan the QR code on the other platform.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up.

Is it also possible the other way 'round now, Abe?
Like adding a paired Home Assistant Matter/Thread device to Homey?

Yes, that should work. I have Nanoleaf string lights at home paired with the Nanoleaf App using Matter. After pairing, I shared the code from the Nanoleaf App and was able to add the lights to the Homey App as well.

Please note that you’ll need to put the device back into pairing mode. For the Nanoleaf string lights, they remain in pairing mode for 15 minutes after being powered on.

1 Like

Its the Nanoleaf Panels but i would like the Homey be.

I’m sorry, I feel like an idiot when normally I’m fine.
I finally got it right by re-initialising them and putting them on Homey Pro first.
I was able to connect everything then all of a sudden I started getting errors like this and I can’t manage the lights …
And another problem came up with the Homey skill on Alexa, I install it, and when I want to activate it it searches for products (I suppose it’s looking for Homey) but it doesn’t find anything …