Moods and (Google)Speech Assistant

Has anyone succeed to start a Mood in using a (Google) speech command?
The command “Hey Google, start Woonkamer licht” does not work.
It returns “that device has not been installed”, although Honey and Google are synchronized.

Help!
Regards,
Paul

Try “hey Google, activate [flow name]”

Tried it too and also does not work here. It says you need to set it up in Google assistant. But I cannot find the ‘mood’ in the app anywhere :thinking:

Did you report it already to Athom?

I don’t know what you mean with moods. But if you want to start a Homey flow with a speech command to Google Assistant, than this the way.

You could try one more thing. Favorite the flow you want to start via a speech command and then sync Google to Homey again. Then try the speech command again: "Hey Google, activate [flow name]

No, not yet. I will. Thanks for your reply.
Regards,
Paul

Yes, that works for flows but not for moods. Moods is a new way to save the settings of your (groups of) lights and to set them. You can see it as a partial replacement of the app.
Thank you for your message.
Regards,
Paul

1 Like

Hi,
You need to make a flow in Homey: if flow is started then set mood (name mood). Name this something like “Start Mood …”
After this, you have to set the flow as a favorite (heart/ hartje) so it comes on the “Home dashboard” from Homey.
After this open “Google Home” pull down from the top of the screen so Google Home looks for new items. Make an automation / routine in Google Home. Type the sentence or word you will say after “Hey Google” , choose as action Smarthome devices (smarthome apparaten aanpassen) , scroll down to “Add Settings” (settings toevoegen), check :heavy_check_mark: your mood flow (Start Mood …) and add this action.
Hope this helps.
Should have written in Dutch :slight_smile:

Let me know it worked.
Greetings
Sandy

Hello Sandy,
Thank you for your message. I agree that working with a favorite flow that calls a Mood is a solution.

But, in the message that introduces the Moods itcwas stated that moods could be started directly from Google Assistant (or Alexa) by saying “Hey Google, start Name_Mood”.

Unfortunately that seems not to work that way.

Regards,
Paul

I have been in contact with Athom. It is a bug: Moods should show up in google scenes similar to flows. They will fix it. I will practice patience.

Regards ,
Paul

1 Like

Nice

The firmware update resolves the bug: moods now appear in Google Assistant.
regards,
Paul