[Modding][HowTo] Guide to Jailbreak a Homey Pro 2023

Could be many things.

• wrong SSH port.
  • SSH failed to install.
  • Files have the wrong chmod (especially if you use windows)
  • SSH is still installing
  • Added the files only to one root directory.

It is difficult to tell from afar.

Donā€™t know why, but i first activated SSH Sandbox, wait till i can login into the sandbox. Disabled it, wait a few minutes.

Then copying the files again, just to be sure ssh-setup would run again. Booted, and it works!

At the first try, i saw that the ssh-setup did his job, home folder etc was created, port was changed in the config, donā€™t know why it was not workingā€¦

Thanks anyway!

Hello. I have software 10.0.9-rc.1 and Iā€™m trying to jailbreak, but I canā€™t seem to do it. Iā€™ve tried many times. Iā€™m using a Windows PC and have followed the guide here. Any tips?

Elaborate on what ā€œcanā€™t seem to do itā€ actually means. We have no idea how far in the process you get, and where it stops working for youā€¦

3 Likes

Still works fine here (FYI)

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried with Windows and transferred the files to ROOTA and ROOTB, and unlocked the disks. Iā€™ve also tried today with Linux, but the same issue persists.I also give the files ROOT access. When I try to connect with Putty, I get a ā€œconnection refusedā€ message.

I assume you copied both files to their correct location?

ROOTA/etc/rc.local
ROOTA/home/ssh-setup.sh

(and same for ROOTB)

Did you also configure Putty to use port 2222 and not port 22?

Yes, And i do not need to activate sanbox shh in homey?. I haven`t activated it.

a windows machine hmmmm, did you add port 2222 to the firewall?

Nope

When you connect your Homey back to USB and mount partition, do you still see the files ? It might happen when you unmount drives incorrectly, files do not get saved.

Iā€™m trying, and Iā€™ll let you know.

It works:). i didn`t know that sandbox had to be activated in homey. Thanks:) I think i have tried 30 times.

Are you sure you didnā€™t copy the files to BOOTA and BOOTB?

Also, why exactly do you want to jailbreak your Homey?

The sandbox is something else and unrelated to the topic of this thread.

1 Like

Should I deactivate San*** now after i have finished a to expand memory on a CM4?

More memory :slight_smile:

With the SSH experiment youā€™re not logging into the ā€œrealā€ Homey, so any changes you make in it are useless.

I also donā€™t understand why you need to make changes for more memory, Linux will take everything it will find automatically.

I`m not using SSH experiment,I simply enabled the sandbox so that the files in ROOTA and ROOTB would be saved. I couldnā€™t do it before I did that. Now OPEN SSH works on Homey. And now Iā€™ve expanded the disk and memory. (CM4108032) innstalled.

Then I have no idea what that even means :man_shrugging:t3:

Hi, will jailbreaking give me access to the code of the installed apps on Homey? I want to see how certain Ikea devices are implemented in the official app.

Thanks!