MELcloud

Thanks for the information @Dennis_van_Dinter.

Good news :slight_smile:

@Jan_Hoydahl, @Ringler & others, live consumption is available in beta!

1 Like

Thanks. I see it shows up in app, but is flat 200w, even if I ask it to boost temperature. Any settings we need?

Hi @Jan_Hoydahl, do you have an air-to-air or air-to-water heat pump?

Because there’s a difference: air-to-water HP live consumption is available through the MELCloud API and refreshed every 3 minutes.

Air-to-air HP does not provide live consumption, but only hourly consumption, so I calculate an average based on that, which cannot be refreshed more than every hour (as per MELCloud limitation).

@Jan_Hoydahl, indeed there was a bug, which is fixed in the newest version: MELCloud App for Homey | Homey

I have the air-to-air HP. Still flat 200w. Will fetch the new version and check :slight_smile:

@Jan_Hoydahl, please don’t hesitate to continue to provide me feedback, it’s always helpful.

Works better now! I expected higher consumption though?

You’re right, but since I cannot do more than calculate an average based on the whole last hour consumption, it can be that at some moment (during few minutes) you have 400 W, and at some other moment you have less. Unfortunately, contrary to air-to-water devices, it can be only an approximation.

I have an idea of improvement that I need to test, but it would be still a approximation.

And concerning the accuracy of the data, I confess I completely rely on MELCloud values – which can be wrong.

Hi Olivier. Thanks for your great constant work on the MelCloud app for homey. I really appreciate and totaly rely on it since Mitsubishis MelCloud app is a nightmare, or better to say a joke.

One question. Are you really getting the real electrical consumption out of the air con inhouse device? Or do I need to add an average consumption somewhere manually (as this must be done in homey app, and which does not work at all).

Thanks for a brief feedback. And again thank you sooo much for the app support.

Cheers Christian

You’re welcome, @Ringler :slight_smile:

This is available by default:

• under a given device, you’ll find under the “dashboard tab” a capability named “Power” (in English)
  • on the Homey homepage, you’ll find the same values (per device) under the “energy tab”

So no need to create flows to calculate them or to enable some settings – if it’s your original question –, 2 warnings:

• I rely only on MELCloud values available through the API (even if they are wrong for some reason)
  • air-to-air device values are very approximated (I’m trying to improve that)

Thanks Olivier. Excellent. Didnt know the devices send energy information. Will test it.

Hi Olivier. I tested the Energy Consumption and it only updates the fan information (level 1-5). No energy information is updated at all. Alwasy 0 consumption for all values. I have run the AC for 3 hours. Any idea why? Thanks for your help.

Hi Christian,

I’ll contact you in PM.

Regards

Hi everyone, [App][Pro] MELCloud - #19 by OlivierZal

1 Like

I just got my homey pro and want to get started with the MelCloud app, but dont really understand how to build in a flow (with Tibber energy prices) to:

• Make the warm water tank do the legionella program on the low cost hours
  • Program the warm water tank so that it automatically heats to the max on the lowest cost hours every two days or so (when the temperature drops down to minimum of 47 degrees) or when energy prices are negative?

Any suggestions or guidance on how to do this? Really happy with all support, I am new here, so hope to learn a lot!

Hi @rvdbreemer,

I’m not an expert of air-to-water devices since I have only air-to-air devices.
I’ll try to get the information for you.

Kind regards,
Olivier

1 Like

Hi @rvdbreemer, please find an answer [App][Pro] MELCloud - #28 by OlivierZal

Thank you very much Olivier for the effort! When I click the link however I get: Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private. Does the link work for you?