[APP][Pro] Magic Home LED

Magic Home LED controllers

Control LED strips through the Magic Home LED controllers

Useful links

Description:

The Magic Home LED Controller WiFi is sold under many rebranded names and is also know as Flux-Led.

The controller is also often used in complete WiFi LED strip kits sold on Aliexpress.
Sold seperatly it should only cost about 7 to 8 US dollars.

All these variants and rebranded controllers should be supported but the Homey app might need to be updated to enable the correct capabilities (RGB or RGBW(W)) for your device.

Please contact me through this support topic for these kind of updates.

Usage

• Install this app on your Homey.
  • Go to new devices
  • Make sure your LED controller is connected to the same WiFi network as your Homey.
  • Use the pair wizard to discover
  • Pair your LED controller(s).
  • Control led strip via Homey

Supported Variants:

The controller comes in (at least) 4 variants.

• RGB
  • RGBW
  • RGBW with IR receiver
  • RGB SPI Addressable

Current features:

• Switch on / off
  • Dimming
  • Light Hue/Temperature/Saturation
  • Display information
  • Retrieve information from the Magic Home LED Controller

Supported Languages:

• :uk: English
  • :netherlands: Dutch

Contributions
If you appreciate this app, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution
or buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi or Bunq.me

image ko-fiimage

:computer: Apps made by @martijnpoppen

See for more apps link below :point_down:t2: or just open the pull down.

4 Likes

Changelog

Live version and Test version

Changelog can be viewed on the app page.

1 Like

i have 3 netoworks in my house , it would be nice if there could be a possibility bij pairing them by ip ? the oldfashiondway

1 Like

I’m trying to keep my apps as user friendly as possible. Going back from discovery to manual adding would be a step in the wrong direction. As far as I know there is not a fallback for manual adding if discovery fails (or in this case not possible due to complex networking).

a pity then i cant use your app, but the magic home android app can reach the led over internet

You could try and see if the disovery of all the devices works using the underlying nodejs library directly. Check it out here: magic-home - npm

As mentioned in my app description, it could be some devices are not discovered because of (for me) unknown devices types. If this also does not find the devices you are out of luck. You could fork the repo and create a manual pairing wizard yourself if you really need this.

Hi Phuturist,

first of all, thank you for this nice app.
1 short Question, i have a 24v 4in1 rgbw stripe, and i want use this contoller, will it work, or you have a other Suggestion for me ???
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07J5KCNKC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A16DGE7Z9U83T6&psc=1

I have read, that this device use a ohter Software to configure, but it look´s like the same as Magic Home.

http://app.magichue.net/download/mgchue/wifi/AppDown.aspx

Ps: Maybe you have a shop / link for me, wich Controller work with your app, and have 24v support.
Best regards,
Martin.

The amazon link works with the magic home app (see 7th picture and zoom in on the manual). Also on the product is noted “5 - 28v” so uh… i think 24v should work…

1 Like

Like Michael already mentioned, the Magic Home controllers are 5 - 28v. Just make sure you have a power adapter that can handle at least 24v for your strip. Here is a link to a Magic Home controller.

1 Like

Hi Phuturist, hi Michael,
thank you for your quick replay, and your very helpfull answers.
I have orderd now these controllers, and i can´t wait to use it with homey. :slight_smile:
Have a nice Weekend.

@Phuturist,

the link you send me, works also with PIXEL (stipes,ring)
“WS2811 WS2812B Pixel LED Strip”
Work´s These Controllers also with your app ???

THIS WOULD BE AWESOME :slight_smile:
If not, could you make this possible for 1 or more beer ??? :slight_smile:

Support for the pixel would be great but pixel uses some different app i believe. You could do a app request at github (link should be here somewhere). … if someone makes it i’ll most definetly order a pixel led strip… :+1:t2:

1 Like

It will probably work with WS281x LED strips but as far as I know the controller can only handle one color. It’s just some misleading advertising on Aliexpress if you ask me. Although it works you wont be able to actually set individual colors for LED’s on the strip. You are better off buying cheap 5050 LED strips when using a Magic Home LED controller.

Although it would be interesting to try out one of those Pixel LED controllers and see if it actually works with WS281x strips (Neopixel) or even APA102 strips (Dotstars).

1 Like

v1.1.0 - 2018-11-28 -

• NEW: added action card for built in effects
2 Likes

Thank you, for adding effects. Tryed it today, and it works well.:+1:

Hi Phuturist, is it possibe to add 2 more effects ???
#1 Fade from yellow to red (with a long orange phase)
#2 Fade from red to yellow

would be great for sunset and sunrise :slight_smile:

Are these built in effects, and if so, do you know their identifiers?

Hi. First of all, thnx for this app.
Unfortunately I’m having some issues with a RGBW controller with RF. This controller works via the magic home app itself, but not via Homey. I also have RGB controller with RF and that one works just fine in the magic home app and Homey. Can you help?

Could you tell me what controller it is (with a link for example) and what does not work. Can you not pair it or does it pair but can not be controlled?

I can pair. That’s not the issue. It simply doesn’t respond in Homey. So no on and off etc.
I bought the RF21K WIFI RGBW 5pin via https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/DC-5V-28V-Mini-WiFi-LED-RGBW-Controller-Common-Anode-Connect-iOS-Android-APP-Remote-Controller/32828275557.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.e8464c4dcL7vVo