Looking for zigbee dimmer alternative

Hi all, for some growth lights I’m looking for a zigbee dimmer alternative to replace this manual LED dimmer. I prefer a plug & play option. Does anyone has some suggestions? It would be ideal if it connects to hue as well.

That photo shows what looks like a low-voltage dimmer, so you have to be a bit more specific what exactly you want to use it for, and the specifications for the one you want to replace.

For 230V you have this one: Zigbee Button Cord Dimmer – SAMOTECH (also available from other brands, but they all look very similar). According to its specifications, it works with Hue. It may possibly work with the TuYa Zigbee app.

1 Like

Hi Robert, thanks for your quick reply and suggestion.

I would like to dim and control 8 LED lights of max 5V each. They are behind an AC/DC adapter that outputs 24V. The LED lights are very bright (and white) grow lights for plants. At evening/night I would like to dim them to mimic night, but also to outline the greens in the room a bit. Looking at the Samotech dimmer I’m a bit worried that i can only dim them to approx. 20%, since the minimum load should be 10V. What do you think? Any other alternatives?

I don’t understand why your lights are 5V but they use a 24V power supply?

Also, if you want to automate it, do you really need a separate mechanical button? If not, it might be easier to find a suitable dimmer.

As for dimming: LED dimmers don’t work by dropping the voltage, they work by periodically turning the power on/off.

Hey Robert, I meant 5W LED lights powered by a 24V poweradapter. The physical button adds to the WAF and is kids/grandma proof :slight_smile:
It’s a modular system with a 24V powerjack connector, so I hoped to just replace that dimmer shown above with a zigbee enabled alternative.

I don’t know of any devices that will match all your requirements. It being 24V makes it rather difficult, especially if you also want a physical button.

Yeah, that physical button makes it a hard find. I’ll have to settle for something like this: https://www.robbshop.nl/gledopto-led-dimmer-zigbee-pro-series-controller

Thanks for thinking along!