Looking for a Homey supported presence sensor (or other solution for my specific lighting challange :) )

Hi There,

I’am a fairly new Homey user! and really happy so far. At the moment only using the bridge variant. But i’m anxiously waiting for the delivery of the pro version.
1 flow that i’m still figuring out is an adaptive lightning setting in (for example my Bathroom).
Where at 1 point someone is only grabbing something out of the closet. And the other moment someone is taking a shower.

What i would like is that the light stays on when someone is present (while it’s dark :slight_smile: )
I now tried it with aqara motion sensors. Bit it’s hard to find a sweet spot in the timing, where at 1 point the light stays on just a bit to long and the other moment it turns of to soon (and sometime wont turn on directly again, because it takes a while before the Aqara sensor notices me again.

I’m aware of teh FP1 sensor of aqara. But that is not supported (Yet).
So i was wondering how someone else solves this and what kind of devices are used.

(The lighting i use is mainly HUE & Ikea)

Thanks in advance

I combined a motion sensor with a temperature/humidity sensor.
The idea:
When the humidity changes, and it changes with more than X%, the hot shower must be running:

Add the logic card “ShowerRunning is equal to No” as condition to the flow which you used for the sensor turning the light off.

It doesn matter which sensor you use. I use Hue motion sensor and the aeotec multisensor in my house. The trick is using a timer. I use the app countdown (by Ralf van dooren) In the app you can make timers for instanse the timer hallway
So following flows

• First Flow
    IF Hue sensor movement on ->THEN light on → AND if Timer Hallway runs → THEN stop Timer Hallway
  • Second Flow
    IF Hue Sensor movement off-- > AND Timer Hallway does not run → THEN start Timner Hallway 120 (sec)
  • Third Flow
    IF Timer Hallway is empty ->AND Hue Sensor movement is off ->THEN lights off

With this rgw lights keep on 2 minutes without movement sensored

1 Like

Absolutely, only I was responding to the bathroom/shower issue.

sometimes I just want to grab a drink and sometimes I spend more time when i’m cooking.

i use the Chonograph app, with the same functions. and this works well but not perfect in my opinion. it could be quicker. :grin:

I use Zone Activity + Timer app
Zone activity allows multiple motion/etc… devices to trigger the lights.

Currently he cannot use any of the suggested timer apps because he is currently using the bridge. So I guess the only way is to use Zone Activation for his purpose.
Because I don’t use an Aqara Motion Sensor I don’t know if it’s possible to adjust the so called “Motion Cancellation Delay” on this sensor. At least that would be another possibility to adjust the “active” time.

However, probably the biggest problem is, Peter has already pointed out, that no PIR motion sensor detects movements behind glass. So you would have to install another PIR motion sensor above the shower.

My advice: wait for a device like this is supported.

yea maybe the new version of it Aqara announces the upgraded FP2 presence sensor

1 Like

Actually, all suggestions are really helpful.
The combination of adding a humidity sensor for the shower can solve that bathroom issue!

But also the flow of Paul is very helpful, for the non-bathroom rooms with similar challenges :slight_smile:

And I’m also curious when the support will come for the FP1 or even FP2 because that seems like a really nice device!

Thanks, everybody!!

1 Like

If you can’t wait, have a look at this solution:

Or remove the glass altogether… :sweat_smile:

Hi, Cool project!
Are they for sale yet? :slight_smile:

Haha, then the sensor would be far more expensive than retail sensors. It’s a real DIY sensor.

I connected a wired presence sensor to an Aqara, Single Switch Module T1 (With Neutral).
I only use the module as a transmitter that controls a smart light.
This is also good because you don’t have to change the batteries.