Lighting switches slowly one after the other instead of at the same time

Good evening,

I have reduced the kaku lamps in my living room and go slowly towards zigbee.

When I still had a lot of kaku I had made a device “all lamps” that switched everything. And then added a device for each lamp. Now I have zigbee and I don’t think they listen to multiple signals.

I don’t know if it’s because of the speed of homey bridge, or if it’s also the same with the pro. But when I press my lighting on button it takes a while before everything is on one after the other. 6 lamps x 1 sec per lamp.

I like that… But my girlfriend is going crazy and immediately presses all the buttons to “solve it”. She clearly wants it faster.

Is this a homey bridge thing? Can it be solved with your cleverness?

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like a Bridge thing; with Homey Pro, you end up with a random half of your light not being switched on or off (in other words: flows that control multiple devices tend to not work very well on Homey).

There’s a basic Zigbee feature called “grouping” where you can make devices part of a group, and send one Zigbee command to that group to turn all lights in the group on/off. Sadly, Homey (Bridge ór Pro) doesn’t support this feature.

It’s a pity a 2021 Homey Bridge device can’t turn on a bunch of zigbee lights at once… (I understood it uses the same hardware as a 201x Homey ‘Pro’)
But…
A workaround can be:

• Flow A
    If…
    Switch A is turned on
    Then…
    Turn on Lamp A
    And…
    Start flow B

• Flow B
    If…
    this flow was started
    Then…
    Turn on Lamp B
    And…
    Start flow C

• Flow C
    If…
    this flow was started
    Then…
    Turn on Lamp C
    And…
    Start flow D

A bunch of extra work maybe, but it could (not tested) make the lights to be switched on, one right after the other, instead of one per sec