LG WebOS better integration

Well besides that Athom is a their own biggest enemy…

typically arrogant behavior from Athom, if it doesn’t suit them, then …

:cry: but we can still side load the app…

@MaxvandeLaar,

That’s incredible from Athom, why does it take 3 weeks for such a decision, then they should dispose of their app. I’m really sorry Max but I hope that you will push the app further. Big Thanks for your Hard Work in your free Time.

@MaxvandeLaar

I sincerely hope this does not hold you back in developing great apps that make Athom look like a bunch of amateurs who still didn’t manage to fix any of the major issues with the last 5 updates or so.

@Kevin no not at all. Don’t worry about that. The app started as something I wanted for myself and apparently there are more people out there who want a decent app. So it’s just sad Athom makes it harder for others to have a decent experience when installing apps.

2 Likes

+1

@Kaoh @Tolga @Kevin and everyone else…

New update! v1.2.0 is here with some new features!

• Sound output added
  • Image token support for toast message
  • More triggers:
    • Channel change
    • App/input change
    • Sound output change
4 Likes

I just gave yours a go Max. Hope it does much better than Athoms app. :wink:

@Martijn_C thanks I hope you like it. If you come across any issues or miss a feature just let me know and create an issue on GitHub please :+1:

1 Like

Great News Max.

Very nice, I now can get a snapshot from the Ring doorbell on my LG TV when someone rings the doorbell :smiley:

One more feature request, can you make the albumartwork screen work with the app currently running on it?

I made the full switch now, replaced all flows with your app instead of the homey one.

1 Like

@Kaoh thanks I am Really happy it is useful for you. Never thought a snapshot would be used as a toast icon. Isn’t it a bit small?

About the feature request, I do not really get what you mean. What is the album artwork screen? Could you also create a feature request ticket on GitHub so i have everything nicely ordered :slightly_smiling_face: thanks

Feature request created. Yes the screenshot is a tit small :smiley: but still very cool that it is possible. Will make some peoples jaw drop again :smiley:

Great work this app Max.
Just updated to v1.2.0 and it runs fine.
Hope Athom admits it’s better than there own app and lets you publish it on the Homey appstore.
Just bought you a coffee.

1 Like

@Martin_van_der_Aart

Thanks for the coffee :wink: it is very much appreciated! I re-uploaded my app to the store and will continue doing so until they accept it :grimacing:

@Everyone
I will release v1.2.1 tonight as I noticed one of my TV’s wasn’t functioning as expected. My living room tv has a fixed IP address, however, the one in the bedroom doesn’t. After some investigation, it appeared the method onDiscoveryAddressChanged doesn’t fire when the device comes online and the IP address has changed :unamused:. So I fixed this by also updating the IP address when the device becomes available to ensure the device has the correct address.

I also decided not to wait on the formal app and installed Github CLI v1.2.0 version.
The Homey app didn’t work for me, but this one works great + enhanced features!
Thanks!

Will try your version on wednesday Max, great work. Hopefully I can get rid of two LG apps and use one. Maybe you can take over the app from Athom and integrate it with yours. They get more time to work on basic features of Homey.

It’s my first time sideloading an app. So, I just have to do it the same way with the new version? Complete new install after download from Gifthub?

@Wingleader, I suggested that to Athom, they would discuss it and let me know… So fingers crossed!

@Martijn_C, it’s not so hard and I am happy to help. You only need to download the new version and install it the same way. Homey will automatically override the current installed app and no bad things will happen to you current devices and flows :slight_smile:.

If you (or anyone else since I feel more and more users are installing it) need any help, let me know after(!) you have checked https://github.com/MaxvandeLaar/homey-webos-plus/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed :wink:

2 Likes