Just about to pull the trigger and buy Homey Pro, give me a reason?

I have been contemplating pulling the trigger and buying Homey Pro, would you do the same? Help me make the decision…

1 Like

Do it, press that button in the on-line store!
It is worth every penny! :heart:

1 Like

I’m with @Dijker BUT before you buy it check the homey appstore and look for the devices you want to use with homey, it’s a shame if you buy it and it doesn’t work with devices you already have or want to buy.

2 Likes

Most people here have done it :smiley:

2 Likes

Although an Electrician I’m no good at coding, just looking for an upgrade to my IOT and home automation setup, I guess we all are. I think Home Assistant would be too much for me. Is Homey Pro the right entry point for me? I mostly have Aqara, Wiz Connected lighting and Sonos to start with, these all seem supported by Homey. I guess I’m just looking for a bit of encouragement really….

Coding is not a necessity, just some logical thinking. And if you’re having troubles getting something to work there’s always the forum👍🏻 But i must warn you, it’s addictive and can get costly very fast😂

2 Likes

It depends…I did the same 3 times :rofl:

I would recommend checking the supported hardware in the Aqara app and looking at the available “when”, “and”, and “then” cards for your devices.

There’s also this community made one:

I’ve only recently purchased mine but I have found it a little frustrating the lack of compatibility for some items. I’m sure if I was a programmer I would just be able to resolve the issue myself by making an app, but as it is I have to hope that others more capable than I have wanted to solve the problem that I have already. (Athoms customer service is none existent, they don’t read your email properly when you make a request and then eventually just tell you that they’re too busy and ask a member of the community to make an app for you…)

Look through this forum at the thread on the Aqara FP2 presence sensor for example and see low long it took for someone to find a solution that made it work.

Overall I would recommend buying one, but only with that word of caution.

1 Like

It’s an impression, it’s not always complete.
Note the ‘lacking’ of most of the “And” cards.
They don’t show in the app store, while most conditions are handled by logic cards, so developers don’t need to write code for these card types, in most cases.

I totally disagree on this one. You just were sent home without a bone, shit happens…
Athom isn’t, and hasn’t been into publishing real apps, as you found out

Athom’s in-house app publishing never seemed to be a high prio, but there’s just a new ‘toy’ for app requests:

It looks like they’re trying to convince the manufacturers / brands to write apps for their devices for Homey:

It wasn’t so much that I was sent home without a bone. I contacted them about one of their apps and they fobbed me off telling me I should contact the app developer. I replied telling them that they were the app developer, to which they replied saying they were too busy to look at my request and that I should ask the community if they could make an app for me.

My query was only to add Marantz to the Denon HEOS app. Marantz and Denon a re both owned by, and use the same software from their parent company Sound United. HEOS is an app that Sound United have made to integrate various music platforms to be able to stream on their amps. As far as I can see, the lack of inclusion of Marantz is only an oversight and I would have thought it should be a relatively quick fix to add their amps to the app also, and so to fob me off saying they are too busy to look at my request having already tried to fob me off saying to speak to the app developer without actually reading my query I felt was poor.

Don’t get me wrong, I haven’t come here to complain, this community I have found to be fantastic and very helpful, and as a whole I have been able to find a way to do most things that I have wanted to with my Homey far. It’s just that if this other chap has mostly Aqara products and some of them aren’t included on any of the apps available so far then he may struggle with it.

I do still recommend the Homey pro, but I think it’s a valid consideration for a less experienced user.

About Marantz and Denon HEOS, I can tell you there’s work in progress, but no promises whatsoever.
Maybe support didn’t know yet, or weren’t allowed to share info (yet).

2 Likes

I asked a question here for support and got a reply: Issues · nlrb/com.soundunited.heos · GitHub

@Caseda are you now the official contributor of the Heos app within Homey? You might have the answer for Steven @Luckosaurous

1 Like

The HEOS app update currently as test version is my work, with marantz support, though not all functions for marantz receivers might work, as apparently the HEOS api still works a bit differently between the marantz and denon AVRs :man_shrugging: even though both are HEOS.

2 Likes