Issues with Tado app?

The test app seems to be on v1.0.8 now, and kind of works. What is missing for me is there is no way now to have hot water as a separate device - it is part of the smart thermostat which is annoying as it was easy to hit the hot water button rather than go into the thermostat then select hot water on/off…

You could make a virtual button and make a flow to do this…

1 Like

Great idea! Thanks

About tado v1.0.8

@ Homey cloud, both set_temperature and measured_temperature tags are named identical😳
While also @ Homey cloud, the contents of the variables aren’t shown (@ the Pro they are…) so I can’t determine which is which.

I had to create a flow just to identify them;
The first / upper temperature tag is set_temperature and the second / lower one is measured_temperature

@ Homey Pro it’s specified (‘set temperature’ = ‘ingestelde temperatuur’ in Dutch)

Changing Homey"s language didn’t make a difference.

I informed Athom HQ also.

Reply from Athom:
Our developer just reported that if you remove the affected device from Homey and pair it again, the issue should be resolved.

Confirmed, that solves it.

Edit issue below is solved after a language change. This requires a Homey “restart”, and that did the trick probably.

Now I encountered a new issue:
When I insert the thermostat card “The temperature has changed” in the IF part, I get an error when saving the flow: “Invalid token: measure_temperature”.
The same card from a smart valve yields “Invalid token: target_temperature”.
Note: There are no error messages for either type of appliance with the card “If the set temperature has changed.”

Maybe Athom should update the version on the app download site…it still says 1.05:

What’s new

Version 1.0.5 — Minor improvements

Unfortunately the experimental version is much better… unfortunately not working so good… just compared the two :slight_smile: