Is a factory reset with keeping data the same as startup in recovery mode and restoring a backup

Had some zigbee issues this week, replaced the adapter, resetted the zigbee network and even did a restart in recovery mode with restoring a backup of a moment before the failure. Still I’m now stuck with an empty zigbee network (no devices at all) and not being able to add any. Keep getting the message that adding the device takes too long.

Now somewhere in the forum I read that it is sometimes advised to do a “factory reset with keeping data”.
Now I’m wondering that if I do that, all devices and flows etc are still valid or that I need to recreate all of that. In other words: what does “keep data” mean?

I’m curious where that was written.
But no, no factory reset (and restoring a backup won’t help).

Start Homey in recovery mode and then select ‘full software update’. This is written on the forum several times as a working solution.

Thanks for the answer,.
I did the full software update, apparently after that it restarts still with all devices and flows available. So Happy with that.

Then I tried to add a new zigbee device, it detected that a new device was to be added but then again after a minute or so it stops and reports that it took too long and thus no device was added :frowning:

any other suggestions

YES!!.
I once more resetted the zigbee network and now it finally works.
Thanks a lot.

1 Like