Iphone widget not working since app version 7.6.0 on iOS 16

Hello guys.

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post, I would actually like to get hold of the iphone app developers for the homey app, but if someone has the same problem as me and has found a solution (that not includes upgrading to ios 17) I am all ears.

So, with release 7.6.0 of the homey app for iOS, they “enhanced the functionality of flow widgets for iOS”. The problem is that they did it for iOS 17, and broke all functionality for iOS 16 (regarding the flow widget). And since I have iOS 16 (and want to keep it that way because of other apps) I can’t use the flow widget anymore.

I have two questions:

1. Is it really impossible to make the flow widget work for both iOS 16 and iOS 17? I really dislike being forced to upgrade my entire OS because of a single app.

2. Does anyone know if you can downgrade an app (specifically the homey app) to a previous version (7.5.3) on an iPhone, or am I (as we say in Sweden) boiled in poop?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi All,

After many month of the original post, but I believe I’m in the same shoes…
I’m at iOS 16, while Homey app just got refreshed to 8.1.0 today. I had to realize that the widgets are gone, there is no option to have them at all.
I’m wondering if it is a programmed behavior? If so, than why? iOS 16 still gets updated by apple…

Thanks.

They replaced the Widget with interactive ones which are only supported by iOS 17. Probably the reason why they don’t show up on iOS 16.

It’s quite disappointing decision from Athom… (Another brick from the wall :stuck_out_tongue: )
Anyhow, I appreciate your prompt response :slight_smile:

I agree with you Zoltan, a bit disappointing. In the end I had to give up and upgrade to latest iOS, because the hue app started having the same problem.

Thank you for your input Stefan!

Just pointing out the obvious: if your device supports the latest iOS version you should ALWAYS update for the sole reason of having all relevant security updates