Intermittent Failure of Homey App Automations

Hello

I am facing a frustrating issue with my Homey setup; and I hope someone here can offer some guidance or suggestions. I’ve been using Homey for a while now and have set up several automations (flows) using various apps.

However; I’ve recently started encountering a problem where some of my automations fail to trigger intermittently. :upside_down_face: What’s strange is that this doesn’t seem to be isolated to one app or type of automation; it occurs sporadically across different apps; and sometimes the same automation works perfectly one day and fails the next.

A light automation triggered by a motion sensor might work in the morning but fail in the evening; even though the motion sensor itself registers movement.
Another automation involving temperature and humidity sensors sometimes won’t activate the smart thermostat or fan; despite the devices being responsive when controlled manually through the Homey app.

I have tried restarting the Homey hub to see if that resets any underlying issue. Restarting individual apps that I suspect might be causing the problem. Also checked the app logs; but I haven’t found any consistent errors ; warning messages around the time the automations fail. I have checked https://community.homey.app/t/flow-not-working-automatically/104234- sfmc guide for reference but still need help .

Has anyone else encountered sporadic failures with their Homey automations?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help. :slightly_smiling_face:

What Homey do you have and what firmware version is it running?
Are the devices that intermittently fail all using the same technology, e.g. Z-Wave?
Is it the trigger or the send that fails?

Agree with Adrian.
Also, what apps is it about?
To me it sounds like wireless system issues.

I’ve never encountered a flow / automation not functioning as it should (you’ll discover with apps mentioned below).

You can try to log with Simple Log (it can add log cards to all your flow cards in one go with a script);
And / or the Audit (log) app (still work in progress, but it logs anything out of the box).

1 Like