Incorrect date and time (over two weeks skew)

Hi!
Yesterday my lights were suddenly acting as it was night time. After some investigation i found that the clock of my homey is wrong.
As of today, February 16th, my Homey is displaying the incorrect date and time; it believes today is February 6th. Not only is the date off by ten days, but the clock is also incorrect.

To my understanding, the Homey is supposed to automatically synchronize its date and time using NTP (Network Time Protocol), so manual adjustments is not possible.

Ive tried the suggestions I’ve found online:

• Turning it off an on again
  • Removing power for 10 minutes
  • Changing time zone (this is my temporary solution, I’ve moved my time zone to California to adapt :smiley: )

Anyone has any idea what i can do to fix this?

If anyone else is experiencing this, i got a reply from support:

Thank you for reaching out to our support and for reporting this issue. Our apologies for the inconvenience!

This issue has already been reported by other users and we’ve already developed a fix for this issue which is being tested at the moment. Please keep a keen eye on the Homey Pro Changelog (Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey) to see when there’s an update available for your Homey Pro which solves the issue.

Thanks again for your input and for reporting the issue, we appreciate it!

For now this is all I can do for you, which is why I’m closing your ticket. If you need additional support, please feel free to re-open your ticket by answering this email.

I wish you a great day and a lot of fun with Homey!
Best Regards,

Dennis

Athom Support

That means, temporary change the timezone. You can move it back to your location after a minute.
That should be a final solution.
The clock ‘resets’ itself that way, and should hold the right local time again.

i am aware, have tried, but it does not work. So to make my home kind of work, i have changed the timezone so that the wrong time + the wrong timezone it almost correct.

Right now my homey says its 06:41 AM. If i add new zealand timezone to that, its 19:41, which is only a few minutes of the local time i have right now :slight_smile: Athom are working on a solution as shown shared in my previous post.

This all makes little sense to me.

Homey uses the Network Time Protocol to set its time, based on the timezone that’s configured. So if a timezone is incorrectly configured for whatever reason, the only issue you’d have is that the time is wrong (and typically only the hour).

But the date being wrong, and by 10 days even, is a bit of a red flag. We already had the first users that have gotten their Homey replaced because of faulty eMMCs (or rather, eMMCs that have been written to so much that they have reached the end of their life), and I hope that’s not going to be the case for you.