IKEA Trådfri Gateway-Homey integration

@robertklep @Frank_van_de_Schuur
Update:
I have now migrated half of my (20+) IKEA devices from Homey’s Zigbee mesh to be controlled by an IKEA TRÅDFRI gateway. I can now confirm my Homey mesh seemingly being responding faster and being more stable than before and IKEA TRÅDFRI gateway connected lamps responding directly and simultaneoulsly when triggered. I can also confirm what @robertklep suggested that IKEA TRÅDFRI gateway runs on channel 11 and that internet connection is only needed by IKEA gateway for updating firmware and for phone app interface. -All physical switches, IKEA scenes and Homey flows works perfectly without Internet access. The latter (Homey flows) in perfect harmony with IKEA TRÅDFRI Gateway scenes.

I earlier changed my Homey mesh to run on ch 17 instead of ch 11 and my Internet/Wifi router’s 2,4Ghz Wifi now runs on Ch 1. -I don’t know if the latter makes any difference for network stability but I thought, ‘hey why not do it as precaution’.

-All networks seem to run really smooth and stable…also my Z-wave and 433Mhz interfaces. -The world seems perfect for now…well except the bloody IR thing Athom claims supporting with Homey. :wink:

2 Likes