Hue lights turning on at random?

Since a couple of days my hue lights turn on. yesterday it was 17:42 and today 17:47.
I do’nt have any flows that could be the cause in my opinion, as it turns on all the lights that are connected to my Hue bridge.

Where should i be looking? In my hue bridge no automated flows etc are programmed. Only in Homey.
Does anyone have a clue where i should be looking??

I thought so as well, but the sun set at 18:50 today in Hengelo , Holland.

Install one of the logging apps (I us papertrails)
Use the function in settings to automatically add a logging to all your flow.
And check the ligging the day after…

I have checked all my flows and none make alle of my hue lights go on at once.
At this point i am clueless, tried a logger but cant be sure how it works exactly.
I found that it turns on hue and tradfri lights ( connected via bridge) always beteren 17:30 and 18:00

Well its actually very annoying. I have been away for work more then 4 weeks… so had no opportunity to check.
Over the last couple of days the probleem keeps occuring sadly. I have checked my hue bridge and There is nothing i can see wrong. The times are almost the same but still random. It turns on Everything on the bridge so perhaps that is the issue?

Not using any labs in Hue either? To me this very much such like either sunset/sunrise Homey flows or Hue labs due to the difference in time (in sunrise or sunset of course with a false offset but still).

Will try that one yeah! Thanks. Will have to keep that going for a couple of days because it doesnt happen every day

I got the same problem. Just one light goes on at random.
Is your problem already solved?
Looks like I,m having this problem after upgrade to firmware version 2.
14-07-19: Disconnecting the bridge did not solve the problem
15-07-19: Installed a new bulb, but not added to Homey devices yet.
17-07-19: The bulb isn,t randomly switched on since the bulb change. I think it,s time to add it to Homey devices.

If you have a dimmer switch, maybe you can try this: HOWTO: Factory reset a Hue bulb

Method 1. Use a Philips Hue Dimmer Switch

1. Turn the bulb on (ensure there are no others in the same lamp, as they could be reset too, using this method).
  2. Hold the remote within 4 inches of the bulb.
  3. Press and hold the 1st (On / I in some countries) and the and 4th (Off / O in some countries) buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds, until the bulb starts blinking on and off.
  4. If the bulb stopped blinking (it will normally turn fully on again after reset) and the green LED on the remote (top left of the remote) blinked green - your bulb is reset.

This method can be used for nearly ALL ZigBee light bulbs (confirmed for IKEA Tradfri and OSRAM) and some other ZigBee devices (confirmed for OSRAM ZigBee Plugs).

I have a smular issue since the latest upgrade.

But this is with an old Nexa/Klikaanklikuit built in dimmer. So it May not be a connected issue. My light-rig in the livingroom turns on and off randomly both day and night. Homey seems to be doing it. Why I have no clue.
IMG_20190715_120342

@Kvarnstrom : What last upgrade are you talking about. Firmware or app upgrade?

@Kvarnstrom can it be a hue configuration? Do you use the Hue motion sensor? I use the hue app in homey but also the hue app from philips stand alone. In the stand alone app you could have configured something when you have the motion sensor. If that is not your intention you have to change that to doing nothing. If not, forgive talking rubbish🙈

Hahaha… Thanks for the tip, but I already checked that. I logged the sensor and it was not triggered. I also removed the sensor and dimmer switch. The strange thing is that the bulb was switched to on several times at approx 13:00 and 1:00. This bulb is not in a flow. Till now a new bulb is not switched on randomly, but the bulb is not added to Homey devices yet.

So it can’t be Homey! If not added seems to me. You could try to delete the bulb in the Philips app. Just watching what happens. After 1 day adding again. Watching and after another day adding into Homey. Maybe that way you can sort out things

@ Marcel_Ubels : I removed the old bulb and installed a brand new one. Will keep it this way for a few days. If not switched on randomly I’ll add it to Homey devices and see what happens then.

The homey firmware v 2.3.0
Let’s see what happens whith the new one that was just released.

Edit: on The other hand there have been some updates to apps I use in flows. They shouldnt be Messing with this rig thou. But they move in mysterious ways…

Hi
Did you find a solution to this issue?
I got the same issue in version 4.2.0, but my Hue lights flashes (one at time, randomly, turns on for 1-10 seconds, then off). I have seen this on three different lights. Using a Hue bridge with Philips Hue app v4.5.2.

hello, i had this issue a while ago with a Ikea bulb and support from Athom could not help me with a solution. now i also have it with an Ikea bulb. three philips hue bulbs are switched on by the app and also two Ikea bulbs are randomly switched on.

luckally my flows switch them off normally but it is very strange and annoying. if my flows would fail the bulbs will stay on for hours.

and it is quite random, it can also happen 4 days ago and then days not at all or sometimes multiple times in one day.

also some other philips hue (colorstrip) does not have this issue and one philips hue bulb (LWG004 A60) does it not as often as the other two (LWU001 A19 bulb)

the flows switch the light off within a few seconds but it is quite strange why two apps do these things. Ikea is from Athom and Philip hue, without the bridge is from Johan Bendz and i do not have other bulbs to compare with.

Would be nice if there would be a reason for this. i have tried before to remove and readd the bulbs but that has never made any difference.