Hue, Homey and remote

Hi,

Is there any way to keep using the remote after pairing Hue Living Colors to Homey ?

After resetting the Hue and pairing to Homey, the remote doesn’t work anymore. After resetting en reconnecting to the remote Homey doesn’t work …

Can I not use them both ?

Globes can ONLY be assigned to one controller at a time, now obviously the Hue Hub is a controller, as well as Homey, but so is the living colors remote. So no you cant use both at the moment.

Now it’s funny you should mention this, because I actually have 5 of these remotes floating around, and they are damn good remotes.

I was considering looking into adding them as independent zigbee devices into Homey, but I would imagine it would be a large under taking, that may never work as they use LighLink protocol.

Your best bet is to actually contact the developer of the Hue Zigbee app and ask whether they would consider adding it. Once you can add it to Homey as a device, you could use the remote to control what ever you would like …

How did you add the living colors to homey?
I have a version with the round remote and a (older) version with the remote as shown in the picture.

I disconneted the remote from the hue, but still cant get it to connect…

@FKey

Yeah you right the remote in the picture is a gen1 remote, I gave instructions on adding livingcolors here :

When you say ‘cant get it to connect’, do you mean you cant get the remote to connect as a generic zigbee device to homey?

Hi there, I was wondering how did this end.

I have also a living color remote (I think gen2) that I want to add to homey true the hue zigbee app, but it doesnt work. So now I have 3 hue bulbs en 3 living colors remote that I can’t connect true homey because 1 lamp only connect true 1 remote. I have readed ababout the iConnecthue, but this is only for iphone/ipad and not for android. Guess what i have got…

So if there is any other option to connect my living color remote with the hue color bulb true homey, I would like to know ! This is the remote: DSC04641_preview_featured|628x472

From what I understand, devices which came with that remote should be able to added to the Hue Hub.

There should be a bunch of results on google, though from what I understand it does require that you re-add your (non living colour) devices to your hub after.

I bought the remote controls separately. Not with a living colors lamp. It is a remote for my kids in their bedrooms.

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------

J[quote=“wjay, post:5, topic:4627”]
Hi there, I was wondering how did this end.
[/quote]
I managed to connect the gen2 colors lamp. I used the instruction linked in the thread above (download the iConnectHue app, use that app to bring the Hue colors in the “connect” mode. Now Homey recognizes it and can control it.
I did not connect the remote to hue (did not have the need)
BUT you can connect multiple remotes to the Hue colors (homey& the colors remote), so now I can control the Hue colors via homey and via the remote :slight_smile: