HP 2023 and Zigbee being soooo busy

Hi Vierdank,

Complaining slash blowing of steam here has no use, please aim your ‘feedback’ at Athom’s: Support | Homey :heavy_check_mark: :wink:

Ever had a printer? A windows laptop? Since 1995 when I bought my first PC, there’s always something wrong, and still is.
I bet your phone and laptop cost multiple times of 400EUR…

You’re right, HOMEY is a gadget but with lots of possibilities, and also lots of things that can go wrong, but Athom is always trying to fix bugs and stuff, and adds new features from time to time. For free. Also Athom support is free of charge. Okay, sometimes they should really fix some bad malfunctions, before releasing new stuff like matter for instance…
I don´t agree to lots of things, it is really not perfect (but what is?), but we are free to sell stuff and buy something else, right.

I think you need systems like KNX to have a carefree life without monitoring/updating/pampering (with an empty wallet as side effect).

I don’t know if the points below are an issue with your Homey, but zigbee is not plug and play. You’re just lucky when it works flawlessly out-of-the-box.

You have to tune your wifi and zigbee channels ‘smart’. Also be aware of nearby neigbor’s wifi signals which can interfere.

Also, not just any zigbee device can’t be thrown together with Homey, they’re just not all 100% compatible, which is a pain. They can cause all kinds of vague errors like sensors stopping to send updates, but still being present in the network.
In my case it was combining Ikea filament lights with any Aqara sensor. Replacing Ikea with Lidl lights worked for me. Note, Ikea smart plug works very well with Aqara, so it isn’t (always) brand specific, but can be device model specific.

See that as the last resort please…
Yes, reset means: start from scratch and pair every unit as new unit.

That’s the community doing as much as possible :desert_island: :facepunch:
IF you reset zig and paired all devices again, you can fix your flows with a script, but you’ll have to save your device names / device ID’s prior to the resetting

Don’t know about Pro 23, but with Pro 201x you can
Screenshot from 2023-08-14 01-50-55

1 Like