How to GET Z-wave configuration parameter using raw flow card?

Hello All,

I know how to SET a parameter in a Z-Wave Send Raw Command.

Example: Balcony plug report own power consumption as well as plugged in device.
(e.g. Parameter 15, size 1, value 1)

0x70, 0x04, 0x0F, 0x01, 0x01

0x70 = CONFIGURATION_CLASS
0x04 = set
0x0F = Parameter 15
0x01 = Size 1
0x01 = value 1

Now, suppose I would like to GET the value of the same configuration parameter.

Would I be sending something like this: 0x70, 0x0MAGIC, 0x0F

where Magic is Homey Speech for GET?

1. Have I correctly formatted the Z-wave command above?
  2. Would any of you know what to write instead of MAGIC?

Sincerely,
Pantera Ruber

Not sure where you got the 0x04 from, as that is the GET,
SET is 0x03.

Edit: woops, looked at the wrong configuration Command class.
GET = 0x05

But it is indeed what you show, it isn’t Homey language though, it is Z-Wave language.
Do be aware that the device has to be unsecure.

SET: 0x70, 0x04, 0x0F, 0x01, 0x01
GET: 0x70, 0x05, 0x0F

1 Like

Caseda,

Thank you very much for the reply.

/Pantera

Quick follow up:
How do I get to the reply from the unit? It does not readily show up as something from the output in the Advanced flow send Z-wave command card.

Correct, for advanced flows a new card would need to be made with a responds, the current one is not specifically made for Advanced flows, the only way to read it now is you’ll need to enable the Z-Wave log in the developer tools, and read it from there.

If you need the value in a flow you’ll have to contact Athom support to implement that, there are no working workarounds for this.

1 Like

Update:

I have indeed written to athom and asked for this feature. I have received a confirmation that they have noted my request. If anyone else is interested, now is the time to write as this might elevate the priority of this particular feature.

For which use case would this be useful?

I have a Z-wave dimmer which has the ability to be set into leading-edge-dim or trailing-edge dim. The ability to set this in the GUI in the widget-settings of said dimmer does not exist. Therefore I would like to be able to set the setting as well as verify that the setting indeed is set.

1 Like