[HOW TO] Get started with Tuya cloud

Thanks for replay! I use tuya smartlife app and created first with Google logon, but changed passord so now i log inn with user and password. Maybe i must create a new account then, without using Google logon in first time?

YW! Yes you have to create a new account with an email address and password. Do not use Google/Facebook login.
Using a Gmail email address is allowed.

1 Like

:smiley: @Peter_Kawa YES It worked! Thanks for your help! Registered a new Tuya account, connected the lights to the new account, and then they became visible in Tuya Cloud and can import the devices.

But … A red triangle :small_red_triangle: appears on the lights, and it says when I press it that “temporarily unavailable” I can turn lights on and off in “my.homey.app” in the browser on PC, but not in "homey the app on the phone "(iOS) Something I do wrong?

I have waited for 30min for tuya api to synchronize, but will check again in a couple of hours

Sorry for all the editing. Now it works after I restarted the “Tuya Cloud” app :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick question - I have the IDs for my devices (I grabbed them all when I was working on an Octoprint setup), but wanted to ask - is a connection to the internet required for this or will it work over local network?
The description of the app implies it still connects to Tuya Cloud, but if so I’m not sure the value of this over the other Tuya app?

EDIT. Think i’ve confused my apps and I’m asking about the TuyApi, not TuyaCloud

I have trouble with a wifi 2 channel smart switch module used for lights. When I add it to Tuya Smart App I can switch on/off the 2 channels individually but when I add it to Homey only the first channel can be controlled…

Please give us info… There’s THREE Tuya apps for Homey, so…

Sorry. Tuya Cloud (its a wifi smart switch). I have a Homey Pro

You wrote that, but this Tuya app is also for wifi devices.

K. How did you add the first “half”? If you add a new device again, doesn’t “the other half” pop up?
Just a guess

The cloud app probably doesn’t support the second dim functionality. You can use scenes to control the second channel. Homey API supports for single channel a lot out of the box. For second channel the developer has to create this self. Besides that it cost more effort, I don’t own such device and can’t debug the functionality.

I’ve installed the experimental app, but in the Homey app settings its asking me for the API Access ID and Secret. Does anyone know how to find those? I’m using the Smart Life app on iOS with a regular email + password account, I couldn’t find the details in the Smart Life app.

1 Like

Edit My apologies @Datageek
I mixed the descriptions up :blush:
The TuyaApi, Key and ID of the ‘green’ Tuya app with the Api access ID and secret of the ‘red’ Tuya Cloud app.

You’ve installed the other Tuya app.
The Tuya Cloud app is called exactly Tuya cloud in the store :wink: and the opening topic even provided for a link to it.

Please see screenshot below. It’s v0.1.3, installed from the /test page.

[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud - Apps - Homey Community Forum

1 Like

Hello.
Im trying to add tuya wall switch. But when i go on homey to + add device and then tuya cloud, 1 gang wall switch, it sais first configure the app. But in configuration i set username , password. Only api and api password i set it randomly.

1 Like

im trying to get this app working since yesterday but I need to fill in an official API acces ID and Acces Secret. Anyone got a clue or is this since the update?

It’s all explained in the opening post of the official app topic:

It really is explained there. Screenshot from the opening post:

OK I got it working on my set up with the Tuya IoT dev account linked to my Smartlife account , but it took a few tries as it wasn’t working at first.

The thing that caught me out is the datacenter location for Tuya Cloud project has to be the correct one for the Smartlife account region, but the correspondence mapping on the webpage is out of date, and the correct mapping is not intuitive. In my case my Smartlife region is “Isle of Man / United Kingdom”. So Tuya datacenter should be Western Europe, right? Wrong! It only works with Eastern Europe (the device list wouldn’t populate otherwise).

Hello,
I am really sorry … but I don’t get it. I’ve read the information provided, but where do I get “official API access ID” and “Official API Access Secret” from?
I can’t find anything in the Tuya app nor on Tuya website if I log in “https://myaccount.tuya.com/

I’d be really nice if you could tell me where to get that.

Regards
N Hof

1 Like

Try the official topic of the Tuya Cloud app.

For most apps, this info can be found at the bottom of the app page: