How to debug flow(s)?

@Dijker Please check previous post. Am I doing it wrong, or should I submit an issue?

Today I got mail; it triggered the vibration sensor alarms, but when the mail dropped on the floor it also triggered the motion sensor… (so no new mail notification)

I need to think whether putting the motion sensor somewhere else can help; otherwise I might end up needing to buy that door sensor…

Almost every motion sensor is based on differential detection (differences in heat energy), so it’s likely that it noticed some cold air coming in the house through the letterbox, instead of the actual motion of the mail dropping on the floor.

Guess you use the default add to the log and forward all to syllogism.
This is only implemented in the send a syslog msg card.

1 Like

Was just thinking the same: must have been some “hot news” dropping in :laughing:
(Bit probably ineed, cold air or very cold package)

Guess you use the default add to the log and forward all to syllogism.
This is only implemented in the send a syslog msg card.

I was indeed using the wrong log option.

However, now that I use the syslog msg (with $mailbox in front of the message), the word “mailbox” does still not appear on the log server (rsyslog on Raspberry Pi).

(it does show up in the log in the App itself, but it already did that with the wrong log option)

I ended up with this much simpler setup, which seems to work, so far:

1. When vibration alarm, send a notification
  2. When I arrive at home, disable flow 1 and re-enable it after 5 minutes
  3. When movement detected in hall, disable flow 1 and re-enable after 2 minutes

(Homey’s “native” location awareness does not work for me, but webhooks in Geofency work fine)