How check last sensor communication

Hi, i use zigbee and z-wave device. Sometimes happens, that sensor (temp or other) stop communication. If i have flow depending on the value of that sensor, its big problem, because value is from last comm (x days old) and I don’t know about it. If possible set any system last respond sensor check? and send notification allert. For example i want check about 10 aqua temp and other.

Thx all

I think you can use the Heimdall App, right @DaneedeKruyff

Maybe When => Devices => A device hasn’t reported could work?

thx, but dont look like support aqara temp sensor… and i cant see no sensor in app

thx, i test it, but i dont know how add to notification, which sensor have problem

Hi Magic,

There is a few ways to do it. Either by making a flow with;

When: A device hasn’t reported
And: If you want to specify a zon or name
Then: Either a notification or push. You can choose to specify name and zone of the sensor.

Example;

Or you could create a two-part flow which sets a timer and a variable each time the sensor value changes and a second flow that sends a push when the timer reaches zero.

thx! i test it

ok, so when i want identify, which sensor dont respond, i need flow for each sensor ?

You dont need a seperate flow for each sensor, you can specify under AND the name or the zone of the sensor. Just remeber to make the cards as “or” so they will work one by one and not as a whole.

Ex;
When: A device hasn’t reported
And: (name or zone) is Outside or is Thermometer1 or is Thermometer living room.

I dont know if your using the browser or your phone but pull the cards apart to make them as “Or”.

thx, i set this, and i wait for report :smiley:

works, i got name power plug which is day without communication, but temp, which has last statu before 7hours dont say me.
Is possible do click od periodically report with last communication time? Maybe email, or other.

Show me the flow and I can help you adjust if needed. But one thing worth to remeber is the sensor wont report that it hasn’t reported if you set the flow to 6h but the sensor been unresponsive for 7h.

Its possible to make a flow that sends status reports periodically and send it by push notification to your phone. I’ve seen some e-mail apps in the Homey store but I haven’t used any off them so cant say how they work but perhaps worth a try.

Otherwise its like I wrote in my earlier comment;

Or you could create a two-part flow which sets a timer and a variable each time the sensor value changes and a second flow that sends a push when the timer reaches zero.

Would look something like this:
Flow1

Flow2