House building and home automation lighting

Hello,

My house is currently under construction and I’d like to control the lighting via a homey pro box, using voice, sensors or a trigger linked to an action.

In your opinion, what’s the best solution to put in place as part of a building project to make the lighting home-controlled (connected bulb, din module, flush-mounted module, etc.)?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

I think modules behind the wall switches.
In that case you have an emergency solution if the smart home will has some problem.
You can use your lights in ordinary way.

2 Likes

This seems to be the best solution!

In the case of a light point that can be switched on from at least 3 switches (telerupteur in French, but I don’t know the English term), do I need specific modules?

In Hungarian it is “alternatív kapcsolás, means alternative switching. In English I think this is a two way switch (or three…)

No, You do not need special relay (or dimmer) modules, but based on the module you may need more wire between the switches or momentary switches, not the ordinary toggle ones.

Thanks for your comment.

Do you know if this kind of module is suitable for two- or three-way switches?

Yes, you can do with this.
As I wrote it before maybe you need momentary switches or three wire between the switches if you use toggle ones.
You can see on this link at diagram 4 and 5.

Thank you for your reply.

With this type of module and the homey pro box, it is possible to trigger actions such as :

• turning the light on or off at a specific time
  • switching the light on or off according to the brightness outside (twilight management)
  • turning the light on or off when connected to a presence detector

?

Up

1. A motion/presence/contact sensor can make the zone they’re in active or inactive.
    I prefer to trigger flows with ‘this zone became active’ ‘this zone became inactive’.
    This way, you can swap sensors, add sensors, remove all sensors but one, and you flow will keep on functioning.
    (When you trigger a flow with ‘sensor X motion detected’, and you replace that sensor after a while, the flow stops working, while you’ll have to replace the ‘motion detected’ card with the one which comes with the new sensor)

I’ve some presence sensors as well, and I still prefer the timer ‘function’ like used in this example, to prevent ‘sitting in the dark’ situations (imho no sensor can be adjusted without the occurance of some occasional false positives / false negatives)