Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Oh! That easy?
Thank you so much for your reply!

1 Like

Iā€™ve followed the instructions and see the dashboard, so that works great!
The favorite flows works good, all my favorites are there and when I add a favorite, itā€™s also shows on the dashboard.

However, the favorite devices are not all showing up. I have 10 favorite devices and only 2 shows up. I tried with adding and removing favorite devices in Homey, but that doesnā€™t change the dashboard.
How do I get the other favorite devices onto this dashboard?

Heyhey, I am trying to log into homey.ink.
This thread is huge, and I could not find anywhere what to do with this:

Sorry for the noobism, but can you help me?

Start with post #1, as always. It holds the how-to to obtain the token.

2 Likes

You were right of course, hung up on the UI, did continue reading :frowning:

1 Like

Excellent, I understand now, and I can make the dashboard and cast it to a Nest. Wonderful!
A bunch of questions, and again, apologies if they were already addressed earlier in this thread.

1. Do we have any information on how to manage this as a main interface for the Nest? (If you cast it once, does it stick through the screensaver or screen time-out? Can I make it the ā€œstartup URLā€ of the Nest somehow?)
  2. Is there a method for grabbing the dashboard locally?
  3. What is with the configuration URL stuff in the dashboard app settings? (Edit - oops, different app :frowning_with_open_mouth:. Skogsaas)
  4. What are the long term plans for the dashboard?

Thanks a lot, this is very promising!

YW, Philippe,

1. I start the ā€˜castā€™ command every 11 minutes, the only way (afaik) to ā€˜continuouslyā€™ display the dash on a Nest hub. As Iā€™ve read, some models or firmware versions seem to frustrate it even more.
    Flow example:

2. Yes. Go to https://github.com/daneedk/homeydash.com
You can also check my personalized version, which has an extended howto available to run the dash locally on Homey, using the neat Micro Web server app
3. What is it what you want to achieve, or donā€™t understand?
4. No one knows, but you now know from point 2, you can download the dash, and run it on Homey forever (almost: until Athom cloud disappears, but then we all have bigger problems).

1 Like

More thanks!
The periodic recast does interfere with screen saver and time-out, I presume?

Thanks, no problem
Yes, when the recast (make sure to ā€œstop castā€ prior to ā€œcastā€ every time) starts, screensaver and such disappears and dash is shown again on my Nest hub.

O, boy, just thought of somethingā€¦ Donā€™t you get the annoying Google casting announcement sound every 11 minutes?

Bleep, ding, boing hahaha, veeery annoying sh*t

I added an example flow, I first mute the sound, and then start the casting after 2s or so. Just tune the delay to ā€˜skipā€™ the announcement sound

Iā€™ve followed the instructions and see the dashboard, so that works great!
The favorite flows works good, all my favorites are there and when I add a favorite, itā€™s also shows on the dashboard.

However, the favorite devices are not all showing up. I have 10 favorite devices and only 2 shows up. I tried with adding and removing favorite devices in Homey, but that doesnā€™t change the dashboard.
How do I get the other favorite devices onto this dashboard?

ā€”Update today

Iā€™ve tested on several devices and browsers, so it doesnā€™t seem to be a cookie issue.
When I remove one of the two devices it goed away on the dashboard and when I reselect this device as favorite is shows againā€¦but the other favorite devices donā€™t show.

I honestly have no clue why not all of your favorite devices are shown.

What kind of devices are showed and what kind not?

I do remember that not all devices types are supported and that I have created several Virtual Devices to have some statusses on my dashboard. For example I created a VD for dim light, but using a flow I control a Shelly 2.5 Roller module to set my screens up/down.

And have created VDā€™s (on/off) for people to have tiles with persons and see who is at home or away.

One lightbulb and my android tv is shown. Iā€™ve more of the same lightbulb, but only one is shown. Other types that are not showing are sensors, other bulbs, plugs, doorbell and virtual devices.

There is something about some of my flows that makes them not show up on the dash when I make them a favorite.

Is there something in this flow that you can see that would cause this?

Edit: The flows work on the app.homey.ink version, freshly copied from the .ink login consoleā€¦

Homeydash is probably not updated (yet) to show favorite advanced flows.
While homey.ink is a project of Emile (creative director @ Athom) he of course had to update homey.ink for showing fav adv. flows.
Workaround: use ā€˜favoriteā€™ standard flows to start your adv. flows

Haaaa - nice one, thanks :heart:

The 1st cards on every line are the same.

Sensors and camera is not possible.

You better turn to Sharptools or HDashboard which have much more advanced possibilities for Homey dashboards.

There is a thirth alternatieve also, dont know the name anymore, all three active developments.