Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Peter, I was able to enable synchronization between Homey and Google.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hey everybody,

i have a questions to homeydash. Can all people from the world access to my homeydash without authentication? I doesnĀ“t have to authenticat on my dashboard, its right?

Best Regards
Cedric Buck

Hi, Welcome in the Community!

Is your question about Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard ?

You Created a Token on https://homey.ink/ Thats your Authentication

To revoke it, change your Password.

1 Like

Wow. I posted that question almost a year ago :joy:. Oh wait, now I understand you are answering to Cedric.

By the way @Dijker, did you know you can charge money for creating backups? Just an off-topic side notešŸ˜‰

1 Like

I had to resynchronize the Google hub today because I had made some virtual sensors. But now I can no longer zoom in so that all tiles are slightly larger and the image is filled. Has worked for more than half a year. Do more people suffer from this? I was so happy with my dashboard on the Google hub.

I would like to add a button on homeydash that opens an external website (preferably in a pop up). This way you could show headlines (nu.nl) or see whatā€™s on TV (tv gids). Anyone an idea about how to do this in Homey / homeydash?

1 Like

If you have a chromecast you can cast it to a screen.
Create a virtual button and refer it to your homey.
When: aangezet.
Then: cast a webpage.
Put it in favorites on homeydash.
is this what you are looking for?

1 Like

That made me think, why not make the Android tablet with homeydash a chromecast?

Then I found AllCast receiver which then probably need an Homey Allcast app to accompany.

I use now Full Kiosk Browser for homeydash and lockdown the tablet. But there is now also Fully Video Kiosk, which can be used to stream video and/or websitesā€¦

Probably an option to look into.

1 Like

First of all: good work! Very nice dashboard.

A question though: sometimes (virtual) devices donā€™t update their status on the online dashboard. F.e. lights are shown as off while they are on or the coffee machine is shown on while off. After refreshing they are shown correctly and also in the Homey phone app they are shown correctly (without refreshing). Can someone shine a light on this? Is this a limitation of the online version of Homeydash or can I do something about it?

Thanks!

I have a netgear router connected, to show download speed. But the ā€œupdate/refresh rateā€ is way to slow for it to be useable. In the homey-app it updates almost realtime, but not in homeydash. Also, other devices like motion sensors and pulse power meter reacts instant. Any way to fix it?

I have had a look through the message but there are a lot so apologies if this has already been covered.
I love Homeydash but the login process is a pain so wondering if anything can be done to improve that?
WeeJeWell posted this link on slack https://api.developer.athom.com/tutorial-Introduction.html and wondered if it could help provide an easier login experience?
I have also learnt that my token might be expiring frequently because I use the same one on several devices so I am going to try getting a new token for each to see if that helps.

Was reading this and i use the same token on all my devices. Like 3 Hubā€™s, TV in the bar, iPad and desktop. Never changed and never expired so i dunno if itā€™s fair to say that it WILL expire because the same token is used on more devices.

If i was reading well Tom tried this and didnā€™t get it to work?

It is all very confusing :grinning:

I think you guys are doing a great job and Homeydash is the still the simplest solution to get a dashboard on a tablet so I will persevere with the token issue. But if you guys can find a simpler way to access it by logging in somehow that would be fabulous.

If there is gonna be the possibility to do so am sure it will be implemented. We asked for it a long time ago and we was told that we could do so later on. Well, it IS later on alr and we are not gonna ask again. If the answer is still ā€œnoā€ or ā€œ(maybe) laterā€ every time then most of us would stop asking aye?
Maybe they will wait long enough to finish their own dashboard where it will be implemented ofc.

But what are we looking at here?
Something like this?
And on what device are u casting the Dashboard? Or is it the same on different devices?

Like this:

If I for instance turn up the heater, I will see it right away on "pulse"on the tablet. Its the same for all my motion sensors. ā€œInstant updateā€.

But, for some reason. R8000P can go up to 5 mins before updating the status on download speed. When monitoring it in the Homey app, it updates every 5 second or so.

Hi,

Is there a way to change the icons for the devices? Not so nice with the icon for the in wall module. Would be great to change that to a light icon or something.

Thanks!

For the online version it is not possible to change the icons because they are directly from Homey. U could make virtual devices with another icon ofc.

Can someone suggest Browser for Android Tablet that can run Full Screen Mode?

Fully Kiosk Browser:
https://www.ozerov.de/fully-kiosk-browser/