Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Someone beat you to it, and much easier… Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard
Kuddos go to @azid

1 Like

Not really. The iPad always stays on that way and consumes electricity (it only dims the image, not the light). My way I can keep the iPad standby if I’m not in the room.

1 - 5 Watts with a iPad mini, the electricity costs are less than 10 € per year - its ok for me (source)

But your way needs an extra device, think it levels out to 0 or close to it.

Great tip, I had not thought of this!

I live in a studio so dimming for me is not good enough (ipad keeps giving a little light).
Now it turns off the light of my iPad completely.

Very interested in something along these lines natively for Homey, should somehow be possible since Homey also has Bluetooth!

Is there some way to have 1 device added twice, eg. when I would like to see sensor temperature and humidity at the same time ?

Also is there some way to see lock status of devices like DanaLock ? :wink:

You can add a virtual device and copy the humidity value from the sensor to the virtual device in a flow. (Flow activated on change of humidity).
Add the virtual device to the favourites.

You can do the same for the second question.

2 Likes

Thank you, the 1st one is ok, but for the lock status - which kind of VD do you suggest ? Seems the best would be motion sensor, however I don’t see this device type.

For this I use the groups app in the homey app store. Works perfect!

1 Like

For those who only wants it for Homey use, you could use the Kiosk mode with guided acces:

Or use a Kiosk App such as Sitekiosk (expensive) or some of the other ones that are free.

Just finished embedding the iPad 2 inside the wall. :sunglasses:

19 Likes

You can find motion sensor under Home in VD.

Looks very nice and professional :+1:

1 Like

Hi Satoer, knap gemaakt, complimenten. Hoe heb je het gedaan? Dit is wat veel gebruikers willen, een liggende GUI (graphical user interface).
Ook knap alle aanpassingen erom heen.

Hoor graag hoe je dit gedaan hebt!

Groeten,
Guido

Let’s keep it in English in this part of the forums.

1 Like

Really nice, is that a custom built or a off shelf housing?

Can this be used on a Google home hub?

Try this!

1 Like