Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

@robertklep Am I right when I assume you do not add images to Sonoff devices?
See this post: Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard and the error in the previous post.

All drivers have an icon.svg and both large.png and small.png. The Homey app shows it for my RF bridge device:

However, thatā€™s the only device I have paired with Homey at the moment, so canā€™t check if perhaps thereā€™s something wrong with the files for other drivers. Perhaps @chinswain can tell me what types of Sonoff devices he has paired with Homey.

Great work guys! I really love how easy you made it for Henk and Anita to have a touchscreen dashboard! I do have some wishes though for the roadmap:

• add multiple widget tiles that can show the content of an external weblink, e.g. a camerafeed or buienradar or stock graphs or or my enelogic energy webdashboard page or 1900pics.club etc.
  • be able to make these tiles larger, e.g. 2Ɨ2 or or 3x2 or 3x3 or 4x3
  • be able to select multiple tile pages, e.g first floor, second floor, security, energy

When this could be added I will definitely buy a large tablet just to put on the wall.

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

One device is a Basic (Original) and the other is a Generic (Tasmota):

Iconā€™s show when adding:

@DaneedeKruyff does Homeydash assume that icons are always located at a fixed path? Because both drivers set the icon path dynamically, and they are not accessible through the standard path drivers/<drivername>/assets/icon.svg

Hi Satoer, knap gemaakt, complimenten. Hoe heb je het gedaan? Dit is wat veel gebruikers willen, een liggende GUI (graphical user interface).
Ook knap alle aanpassingen erom heen.

I didnā€™t made the GUI, these credits goes to the Homy dash / ink developers over here. I only embed it in the wall.

If the question is how I build it in the wallā€¦ It was quite easy for me. The living room wall is a large cabinet, so I have easy aces from the back.

I used a router to deepen the hole for the iPad, cut a hole from the front and just hot-glued it in.

But this shouldnā€™t be complicated to do with a drywall or something.

The extra electronics board is a small cheap Wemos D1 mini running Homeyduino. This devices activates/unlocks the iPad reliable. (I soldered a wire on the hall (magnetic) sensor)

5 Likes

The icons do not show for any access method (app\web):

Thanks Michel, for your extensive explanation!

Perhaps thatā€™s something that has changed since firmware v2, I havenā€™t tested much on that firmware because I donā€™t use my Homey all that much anymore.

No, the icons are read from Athom.

https://icons-cdn.athom.com/' + device.iconObj.id + '-128.png
Results in:

Seems like somehow the apps icons are not created/uploaded to Athomā€™s CDN

Waitā€¦device icons are hosted by Athom?

Yep, every icon is hosted by Athom (and I do wonder if every icon is uniqueā€¦)

I guess that would explain why it also fails in the Homey mobile app. Icon handling has turned into a black box, and it sounds like setting icons dynamically (at pairing time) might not work anymore (even though the documentation shows an example on how to do exactly that).

It could be, the device was fine after the upgrade but I recently reset homey completely so it is running V2 fresh. Is there any debug I can do? (I can run the app via CLR if you have debug output?)

Thereā€™s not debugging to do Iā€™m afraid: Homeydash is trying to use cloud-hosted icons, and they donā€™t exist. I have no idea why (I have an idea, but a quick test suggests that itā€™s not just having dynamic icons), and I canā€™t spend a whole lot of time on it at the moment.

Maybe we can try something different.
@chinswain can you got to https://developer.athom.com/tools/api-playground and logon (logging on may throw you to a different location, please reload the url after a succesfull logon)
Next uncomment the Homey.devices.getDevices({ online: ture }); line and click RUN

Find one of the devices that is not showing an icon and see if it has an iconObj entry. When it has, click it open and paste a screenshot of it here
Weā€™re looking for something similar to this:

I see the device icon for this device is saved in the ā€œiconā€ field and not in the ā€œiconObjā€, havenā€™t seen that before. Could be itā€™s there for backwards compatibility but Athomā€™s app isnā€™t using it.
Iā€™ll see if I can pick up and display the image from the ā€œiconā€ field instead of the "iconObj"in these cases.

The Sonoff drivers set the icon property during device pairing (as per the fine manual). It could very well be backward compatibility, in which case it might be fixed by re-pairing the device with Homey.

Iā€™ll try removing and adding one back.