Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Same issue. This worked after upgrading Homey to 2.0 but resetting homey after 2.0 it always does this. Could the migration script have correctly imported the icon but now that’s not being executed?

Hmmm, that doesn’t sound unreasonable, especially when it worked before on v2.

I don’t know how I can fix this in my app anyway, because as far as I know, I’m using the documented method of providing an icon.

In Heimdall I don’t do any specific action to get the device icons loaded, they just sit there in the assets folder and I also can’t remember changing anything in that area when I rewrote it for V2. So I have no idea what can go wrong.

Maybe it’s worth dropping a line in the developer channel on Slack?

I assume that you don’t set the icon paths dynamically during pairing, which is what the Sonoff app does (for some devices, at least). For instance, the generic Sonoff driver discovers the device model during pairing, and sets a model-specific icon in the pairing data structure.

Yes, that’s correct. The devices in Heimdall are not configurable, they’re pretty static.
I think the Virtual Devices app works a bit like the Sonoff app, in that app you can choose the icons to use for the device. Never really looked into that part of that app though.

Could you try opening the beta version of the dashboard?
(You can do this by inserting beta/ in the url so it will look like this: https://homeydash.com/beta/?theme=ipad&)

I’ve made a little change so the script will not crash and just skip the icon when it’s not detected in the iconObj. Unfortunately I can’t test it myself so I have to rely on your input.

The device works with the change:

Thanks, I made a minor adjustment so the black square should also not be shown, can you please check that?

1 Like

is it nessecary to run it local on pc or raspberry pi? or is it possible to do this online? (shared hosting private folder).

On a webserver would be fine. If you already have server access somewhere, why not :slight_smile:

@DaneedeKruyff any thoughts from your side on this wish-list?

Yes, for now I have no intentions of expanding the dashboard with extra user configurable widget tiles. I have looked into different (and dynamic) tile sizes but decided not to look into it any further as it would take a lot of time to make it to how I have it in my head. Also, multiple tile pages for several rooms/floors is not the direction I want to go with the dashboard. All these changes would require to much work and developing a complete configuration and storage methode for those settings, thats way beyond the scope homeydash has for me.
For now my priority goes to adding as much device support as possible.

1 Like

Ok, thx for your response. And thx also for the clear priority setting in further developing the dashboard!

I’m able to cast the homedash website to my tv using homey and the chromecast. But than it displays the default page without my own temperature senors and the time. I can’t use the cogwheel on my tv (not a touch screen). Is het possible to have these on my tv? Maybe by adding something to the url?

If u see the default screen then something went wrong with the token me guess. In post number one is explained how to get the token.

I do not see the default token. It shows my favorite flows and devices. Just like it does on my mac. But on my Mac I can click the cogwheel and change the temperature to my Netamo sensor. I would like that sensor to show up on my tv, not the internet temprature. But I can’t click the cogwheel on my tv. So I would like to find a workaround.

Sorry, that’s simply not supported. homeydash.com is aimed to be used on devices with input capabilities such as a touchscreen or a mouse/keyboard combination.

Then maybe a BT USB mouse is an option?

Thanks for the reply. I understand.
It’s the same problem with the Netamo site. I can cast it to Homey, but nog log in on the tv. But I just ordered a Google nest hub.

Please do realise a Google Nest Hub is limited in it’s input capabilities, it supports touch but has no on-screen keyboard.