Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Is it possible to add an alternative background using the Google hub, i cannot add tekst on the Google hub.

I also use the Google Hub and a few versions back Homeydash sometimes came up with a solid black background after a restart.
I really liked that black background but with the last versions it only shows the standard blue background again.
Because the Google Hub doesnā€™t allow any text input, you canā€™t select an url for a custom background.
So it would be nice to have a button in the settings to select the default blue or a solid black background.
Homeydash works super with the Google Hub!!

For simple urls u can just add behind ur existing url:
ā€œ&background=Url-to-ur-backgroundā€ without the quotes.
More complicated urls are also possible but u need the url encoded. Go click the link and fill in the url to ur background.
After that u add behind ur url:
ā€œ&background=encoded-urlā€ without the quotes.

1 Like

Alternatively you can create the url from homeydash.com itself. Just configure the background you desire on a system where you can. After the first save the url will have the &background= included in the needed format. Just copy that url to the flowcard you use to start homeydash.com on your Google Hub.

2 Likes

I have a simple request that will likely get me flamed by apple fanboys

Any chance it could say -
iphone SmartPhone
ipad Tablet

Nothing bugs me more than on android device selecting iphone

I fully expect you to say noā€¦ but just thought id ask

5 Likes

I tried this url encoding with background and logo and both did not work in my FireFox 60.x.x on windows.

&background=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ucatx.cat%2Fwallpic%2Ffull%2F134%2F1347896%2Fuc-browser-theme-wallpaper.jpg&logo=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cakesonhand.com%2Fapp%2FUploadPhotos%2Fitems%2F243-201811141906451541682865.jpg

See screenshots.
My Homey is in the house ā€œBinnen temperatuurā€ but I can only choose current weather or None.

For outside ā€œBuiten temperatuurā€ I can choose Homey built-in or current weather.
So I think Homey built-in is a temp sensor in the Homey to measure the temp in the near location. In my case the Homey is indoor and want to choose ā€œBinnen temperatuurā€ = Homey built-in

Am I wrong?

Install the Openweather App for more local weather information.

Not sure, but may be spaces between &background= http:ā€¦ is a cause of not working, will try again.

@KonradWalsh
I have no Android devices and test everything on iPads and iPhones and I can predict how homeydash.com will look on those devices since there isnā€™t much deviation between those devices. There is however much deviation between non Apple phones and tablets so when I say phones and tablet people will expect it to look good on their particular device, something I wonā€™t be able to test, judge or support.

@M_a_r_c_o
I have no problem using this on Firefox, that said, I recommend using Chrome as that is what I use in development. Also, for local use you donā€™t need this functionality this is just there to create a link for use with a Google Hub.

@Kees_de_Vries
Homey Built-in is weather information for your location retrieved by Homey from an online weather service and represents outside weather information. It would make no sense to select it for Indoor Temperature (Binnen temperatuur)

1 Like

Is there a road-map for new features and stuff or where do you want to go with this application and what are the possibilityā€™s and power of this app in the future?

See below

1 Like

I lost my settings in homeydash, Iā€™m running firmware Homey v2.2.0.

homeydash.com doesnā€™t show a text description for the weather, it shows an icon. I guess youā€™re at https://homey.ink.

1 Like

My mistake, I didnā€™t use the right url :frowning:

Can you explain how running Homey Dash on Google Nest Hub.

Scroll up a bit and find a wicked tuturial for that!
Or click here.

1 Like

I have apple devices, but this makes very much sense. It should be tablet/phone, I agree. Saw your answer @DaneedeKruyff , and kind of get itā€¦ Guess you are right. People would probably expectā€¦

Minor thing. Great work on the dashboard!

1 Like

Homey Dash Surveillance button (Heiman) not working as drop down button.

2019-06-26%2009_45_38-Window

Was not around for a while and gave up on any kind of dashboard. I was really afraid I had to live with the Homey app as only way of controlling my homeā€¦ but surprise, surpriseā€¦ Homeydash is back to life

Thumbs up for the work @DaneedeKruyff . I really like what you have done and it gives me an option to control homey on an tablet device available for home use.

I also really love the availabilty of showing information like temp, battery or power usage on the tiles.
This option is requested many times (by me aswell) for the Homey app, but you nailed it :smile:

Iā€™m Dutch, so I always need to complain on something :wink:
the only thing missing is the organisation/group of tiles in a room or by device type. That (for me) is the last missing pieceā€¦

Again thumbs upā€¦ and keep up the great work

5 Likes