Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

From version 1.1.0 you have to use a Socket or Light Virtual Device to dim the dashboard, how to do that can be found here: Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

@DaneedeKruyff I’m afraid I don’t quite understand the purpose of this. As when should the screen dim and when does it go bright. And should I connect it with another flow? Or make the two as favorite, so these flows will appear on homeydash?

-edit-
Oh, I see you are working on alternatives.

Whenever u like to. Like when watching a movie u can turn the screen down or when u go to sleep and the dashboard is in the bedroom.

U CAN connect it to a flow for above reasons f.e. But there is no need to do that.

Also possible. But it is also possible to just use the slider on ur mobile app to dim the screen.
So, all is possible but there is no need for it ofcourse. Must say am happy with this new feature!

3 Likes

@Rocodamelshekima Thanks for the advice. With the updated guide, using a light as virtual device, it does work now. :+1:t2:
In the old guide with the sensor, it didn’t work.

1 Like

I accompanied this awesome feature with an on/off capability to have an easy way of turning the dashboard back on (and off) to its previous value, technically even with the dashboard itself, if you can memorize the placement.

EDIT:
Small extra addition.
If you already have everything set up with a virtual device without on/off capability.
You could also add the second flow to your favorite flows, and it will do exactly the same when you click on it, just a tad harder to click when the screen is off.

This will take only 2 flows and an extra logic number variable.
Flow 1:

Both “Level” tags are the local (trigger card) tag.

Flow 2:

the tag “Dim Level” is the current dim level of the virtual device.
the tag “Previous Dashboard Level” is the number variable.
The delay of 1 second is just to be sure it won’t do weird stuff.

I’ve tried to make the capability be relative to the dashboard state, but you will only create loops that way.

3 Likes

Great, I initially also did some tests with the on/off capability included but found it a bit of an advanced function because it needed some additional configuration and decided to put it on the list to look into later.
Now people can use it already using this method, thanks!

1 Like

Perfect !! Thanks !!

im a great fan of the dashboard!
Daneedekruyff do you expect soon to release the dim function in the lights? so we can dim lights from the dashboard?

regards, Rob

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t and won’t say anything about when I release functionality until it’s released. It’s not my day job where I know how much hours I have available to do my work.

3 Likes

thanks! respect for your job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not all options is visual when using my iPhone X. On my iPad Pro 12.9” I can see all options though.

Great job with this project! Really like where this is going.

Actually, not all options are available in the iPhone theme. You are seeing all options that are available.

Ah, ok. Is it possible to add the zoom option to iPhone? The device tiles are so big and take up unnecessary space on the X.

The new temp option in the dashboard is nice, but indoor and outdoor is changed.
For indoor I can only choose for “current weather” and for outdoor I can choose “current weather” of “Homey build-in”

gr.
Kees

Great work, i love the Homeydash.
I’m running it on the Google Nest Hub and it works great!
I’ve sent you (and Rob) a small donation, keep up the good work!

3 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean, for outdoor you can choose between Homey build-in and any of your devices that have the measure_temperature capability.
For indoor you can choose between None and any of your devices that have the measure_temperature capability.
This is how it has been since the feature to select your temperature sources was introduced.

The dashboard is updated to version 1.1.1

These are the changes

• Alarms added, Pull Request by Salingduck
  • Added schedule to alarm tile
  • Added ability to alarm tiles to disable/enable alarms

Thanks to @SailingDuck alarms are now available in homeydash.com.
You can enable and disable alarms from homeydash.com. The tiles do not update yet when the alarm state is changed in the Homey app.

(Pages may be cached, please be patient when the changes aren’t available for you yet)

example

4 Likes

Question: how can I best remove the blue background?

The DIM dashboard solution only works for the text and icons with me, but not for background brightness at my Android tablet. I use SvipKiosk as browser.

Should I place a black image on a (public) server?

1 Like

Or any other image as a background.

Nice!

With http://www.ucatx.cat/wallpic/full/134/1347896/uc-browser-theme-wallpaper.jpg i get the full dim now :slight_smile: (free stock image)

Will save it for future to place on my own server leter. Logo also works :+1: