Homey v5.0.0 (Stable Release)

The thing is that no device what so ever works (no lights, no sensors) eventhough mesh network seems to be established.

hi all,

i am also having problems still after the 5.0 update. INNR in not properly showing up in the mesh. pressing interview does nothing. I have also removed the app and all the light. The RGBW light connect immediatly but the e27 dimmable do not connect anymore. i added instead anothe ikea bulb and that works immediatly. So the INNR app is giving problems. also all my end divices do not show up in the network. However evrything works normal.

Apps have no control over how the routing information is shown. This is an internal issue with Homey, not with the INNR app. If you want it solved, you should probably send a support request to Athom (support@athom.com).

hm oke did not thought about that in this way. i’l make an issue at athom for that. Thanks

I sent an email to Athom support and they suggested to download and install the full update via the following steps:

1. Hold your Homey upside down for 1 minute to enter recovery mode.
  2. When Homey enters the recovery, go to setup.athom.com with a laptop or desktop.
  3. Select your preferred language, and click “continue in browser”, shown in grey.
  4. When “searching for updates” is displayed (or in my case “Homey is up-to-date”), press the ALT button on your keyboard and press on the “Download full update” button that appears.
  5. When this process is done, press the button “keep your data”, and let Homey finish the setup process.

Following this process steps all my zigbee device are re-established and working again!

5 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this!
So when following these steps, all data, devices and configuration will be kept in place? Nothing to be restored?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Tom

Everything is indeed kept in place as it does a full install of the firmware but keeps your current configurations, flows and data.
I had to reconnnect only two sensors since they did not connect automatically (or I was too impatient waiting for it).

2 Likes

It’s been already a month since i’ve update homey to version 5 and my zigbee network hasn’t established yet - i see questions for all my devices in developers tools. Is this a problem? Besides missing routes it seems everything works fine - flows are working, devices can be toggled from app. Any possible problems if i live it as is?

I didn’t give me any problems. After updating Homey to 5.0.1 most of the question marks started to disappear. Did you update?

yes, 5.0.2 at the moment

Great then. Maybe do a PTP (10-15 minutes) and see if your Zigbee network re-establishes?
Here the list suddenly started working again and only a few devices per day

Make sure all of your apps are updated to recent version. I had to manually update some. Now everything is rock solid.

1 Like

Updating to 5.0.x indeed stabalized my zigbee network quite a bit and have been using it for about a month now.
However, every now and then I experience that all of a sudden an end device (all aqara motion sensors or window/door sensors) becomes unresponsive. According to the zigbee overview on the developer page there is a connection and a route towards that end device but flows are not triggered and the device does not change status in homey.

Rebooting homey, PtP, or interviewing the end device does not solve the issue. When I try to interview I first get a notification “Wake up sleepy node before interview. Interviewing a sleepy node may take a while”. Therefore I keep pushing the button on the device to keep it awake. However, I keep getting a notification “Interview failed (error: timeout)”.

The only thing that works so far is to remove the device, re-add it and fix all the flows again which is a nuisance to do.

Anyone else has similar problems? Any thoughts what else I can do to fix this or is it a homey (software/hardware) issue that cannot be fixed?

1 Like

Hi, the same here.

Sometimes , Rebooting homey, PtP, or interviewing the end device does works for me.

But not always.

Same for me. : When I try to interview I first get a notification “Wake up sleepy node before interview. Interviewing a sleepy node may take a while”. Therefore I keep pushing the button on the device to keep it awake. However, I keep getting a notification “Interview failed (error: timeout)”.

The only thing that (always) works so far is to remove the device, re-add it and fix all the flows again which is a nuisance to do.

Solution would be nice …

@Hoa-Lan_Hoang @Paul did you perform a Zigbee reset after upgrading to v5? Have you run the Zigbee health check script?

No Zigbee reset after upgrading to v5.

If I understood correctly, this means that I must (re-)add all my Zigbee devices and repair all the (Zigbee) Flows. To do this, I must plan a holiday.
So, this is only realistic for me, if more than 30% does not work anymore.

“Have you run the Zigbee health check script 4?” Not yet, planning to do in the near future.

No Zigbee reset after upgrading but a complete install instead of an upgrade of the firmware as mentioned in a post a month ago since I had problems with the zigbee network after ‘just’ upgrading. That fixed the problems I had back then but now I have unresponsive devices now and then.

I am planning to run the zigbee health check soon as well. However, is it more meaningful to do this on an occasion when the zigbee network seems healthy and on an occasion when I have unresponsive devices or does that not matter?

Yes, resetting means re-adding all Zigbee devices.

I don’t think it will matter, but it won’t hurt to try running it in both situations to see what the difference is.

Thanks Robert.
I ran the health check and sent in the results.
Will do it again once I run into an issue of once I have added a dozen or so more sensors that are waiting to be given a purpose in this house. The latter will be interesting to see how stable the zigbee network stays once all have been added.