Homey Pro with Z-Wave plus 916mhz support

Hi Homey support team,
Are there plans and an approximate time frame to release a Homey Pro that supports Z-Wave plus 916mhz?
Adding my vote for that to happen.
If other forum members want to add their vote for this, please like this post.

For your convenience, here are the countries that support z-Wave 916mhz:
Argentina
Bahamas
Barbados
Bermuda
Bolivia
British Virgin Islands
Canada
Cayman Islands
Colombia
Ecuador
Guatemala
Haiti
Honduras
Israel
Jamaica
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
St Kitts & Nevis
Suriname
Trinidad & Tabago
Turks & Caicos Islands
USA

The full list of country frequencies can be found here: https://www.silabs.com/products/wireless/mesh-networking/z-wave/benefits/technology/global-regions

1 Like

While it is said Athom doesn’t read the forum, I think its a good place to see if there is interest for such version. Perhaps add the country/region this 916mhz is for so others who do not know it applies to them too can chip in.

1 Like

This is a community forum and your posts, questions and suggestions will not be read by Athom. You can read more about this here Welcome to the forum..

To contact Athom directly you can send a support request to Athom via https://support.athom.com/hc/requests/new.

But you are free here to check the number of Requests with this post :wink:
Maybe it could help Athom to find out how many Homey’s want that.

For Others, Please just Add :heart: to the opening post if you also want to Buy a Homey Pro with Z-Wave plus 916mhz support!

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve updated the original post with the country list.

Anyway - I am waiting for @Undertaker to seeing this post and making it his personal next challenge … :grin::muscle:t2::wink:

1 Like

it’s easy, just remove the z-wave chip and replace it with the one for 916MHz, and update all the z-wave apps with the local device ID’s, that’s all.

This was meant as a joke, don’t try this:upside_down_face:

Of course I follow this post. Homey should be available around the world. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Homey is available around the world, however the Pro is only available with in the EU frequency.

I’ve heard (not confirmed) that if you order of 300+ Homey Pros you can get your order in any frequency you like.

Homey Pro for Australia - #4 by Caseda

2 Likes

Well, then. Let’s get more people to vote for this!

Hi JPe4619
Will this solution actually work?
Is there a specific 916mhz Z-Wave chip you suggest using?

Unless you can flash the zwave chip with homey’s credentials etc, not very likely you are able to do that your self.
Also not very likely you will get those credentials from athom in the first place.

1 Like

Thank you. I had a feeling it’s more complicated than just changing a chip.

[quote=“JPe4619, post:6, topic:13678”]
This was meant as a joke, don’t try this :upside_down_face:
[/quote] sorry

1 Like