Homey Pro with Bridge - Matter/Thread Support, and Ethernet?

Hello. We are building a new house and I am starting to plan our smart device usage, and Homey Pro is appealing.

If I get the Homey Pro, I will likely need a Homey Bridge in slave mode to cover enough of our house due to the size.

Does the Home Bridge support Thread/Matter when used as a slave to the Homey Pro (or will it in the near future?).

Also, will the Homey Bridge work with an additional Homey Pro ethernet adapter so that it is hard wired into the network? I prefer to have all core devices connected via ethernet and save the WiFi channels for non-wireable and guest devices.

Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, Homey Pro (Early 2023) will support Matter and Thread probably somwhere in the future, See RoadMap Homey Pro - the world's most advanced smart home hub.

The Bridge probably doesn’t need matter as Homey will support it, Thread is not an option for the Bridge.
See: https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/7263667137052-Setting-up-Satellite-Mode
but that is also under development.

The bridge is pretty simple so only supports the RF/IR and maybe other protocols up to what is specified.

No.

Hi Daniel,

For zigbee/zwave the bridge as satellite acts as an ordinary router atm, so imho you can use smart sockets/lights/wall dimmers as router devices instead.
How much space do you need to fill? With zigbee/zwave routers you can cover a pretty big area.

Here’s what Emile (a.k.a. the big boss :wink: ) said about the features and ideas: