Homey Pro - Problem with Advanced Flow for Philips HUE

Hi all

I have three Philips Hue sensors for a certain zone (called Overloop). As soon as there is activity, the lights in that zone should be switched on. After 10 seconds of inactivity, the lights should be switched off.

Since it takes some time between a sensor detects some movement, and homey pro becomes aware of that, I decided that switching on the lights will be done by the Philips HUE app. This ensures that the lights switch on immediately. Fine! In the HUE app I configured that nothing else should be done. So the Philips HUE app will not switch off the lights.

On my Homey Pro I created a flow to switch off the lights after 10 seconds of zone inactivity. The problem is now that sometimes the lights switch off (correct), but sometimes they stay on (wrong).

Am I doing something wrong? If not, how can I proceed to debug and find the error?

HomeyPro is located 50 cm next to the Philips Hue bridge, and both are connected to the wired Ethernet.

Thanks for any hints, Aiko

What this flow does is:
When the zone becomes inactive, it will wait for 10 sec and shut the light off.
So it does not wait for 10sec of inactivity!

The zone activity also has a card that contains a period of inactivity. The delay shows in minutes, don’t know if it accepts 0.1minute as input…

Thanks

So it does not wait for 10sec of inactivity

Yes, I understand. But that doesn’t explain (for me) why the lights stay on.

The zone activity also has a card that contains a period of inactivity

I saw that one, but would that (conceptually) make any difference?
I will try anyway,
I’m not sure why it doesn’t seem to detect inactivity. Is there any logging that I can check?

You can add logging cards so you can find out if the flow triggers at all.
I add those to all my flows by default, makes debugging much easier

1 Like

True, did you put all three sensors in the zone in homey?

Conceptually yes it’s totally different:
When you enter the zone (=active) and you do not move for 8 second (=zone inactive)
And then start moving again (=zone active again)

• your flow will trigger 10 sec after the zone became inactive
  • a flow with the other card will not trigger at all since the zone never became inactive for 10 seconds

What homey pro do you have?
On the 2023 version (black) can connect the hue sensors via Matter. I read the response is much faster that way (did not test it myself yet)

You can add logging cards

Thanks. I’ll try that.

did you put all three sensors in the zone in homey

Yes!

Conceptually yes it’s totally different

Thanks for the explanation. I do understand the difference, although I don’t understand (yet) why it is not working (yet) as expected.

What homey pro do you have

Homey Pro (Early 2023). Versie 10.2.1

connect the hue sensors via Matter. I read the response is much faster

Interesting. This would certainly be a good option. I would have to test that as well. I (just) did read some stuff regarding Matter / Homey / HUE, but it seems people still have problems with many HUE devices attached . I just counted, and I have 80 HUE devices … I will experiment with that.

Be aware, when you connect your hue bridge via matter it will add all your (80) hue devices as matter devices (you don’t need to have them via the homey hue app anymore)

BUT
not sure if it is a bug, but I removed one of my matter-hue devices and I am unable to add it now.
No solutions from the forum on it yet either…

Thanks. So I need to be careful and test every step!