Homey Pro (Early 2023) - Unboxing

I’m curious how fast it boots up… My current Homey Pro takes around 10-15 minutes before all apps are running. How about the 2023 version?

2 Likes

It really depends on how many devices and apps you have, but the HP2023 will be faster.

Screenshot?

Guess you missed Homey Pro (Early 2023) - Unboxing - #11 by DaneedeKruyff

And btw there was already a screenshot

But beside the point about the missing alarm it is possible the layout or looks change before public release. If it changes I can update the screenshot.

Athom gets a lot of qualitative good feedback from the Early Access group of developers. Both for Mobile app, Homey Pro (Early 2023) as app development and is releasing new firmwares and app updates with fixes fast to the closed groups.

I hope this provides both best quality as speed so Athom can release asap to a bigger group or the public.

3 Likes

Did read both, was just curious how the hometab looks like.

In case you forgot, the pro software and the app are still under development. Please understand that all the information shared right now is preliminary. The app design may change, and it’s most likely not final!

Update on my devices

I managed to add the majority of my devices to the ZigBee network. I only have issues with one Hue E27 white BT lightbulb, one Ikea motion sensor, and one Aqara temperature sensor. But I’ll continue to try.

Edit: Aqara and Hue is now working. Left is the motion sensor

On the MQTT topic, it looks like there is a little problem in the software on Homey’s side. It’s been reported and will be worked on. I hope it will be resolved soon! :crossed_fingers:

Bluetooth still needs to be completed on Athom side.

Tuya cloud works like all other cloud devices.

For the nerds :nerd_face: SSH is working with homey@<your homey ip>

10 Likes

Top! Thanks!

@spkesDE Do you notice significant speed improvements for Zigbee compared with the older Homey when turning on lights using motion sensors?

In my case I am still using Deconz for Zigbee devices, and even with the additional hop (USB Zigbee stick + Deconz Docker → wifi → Homey), they responded quite a bit faster than with the devices connected directly to my Homey 2019. I hope to remove Deconz when the HP2023 arrives. :slight_smile:

Same question for the WebUI + Mobile App in general: I am hoping it’s much snappier than the old Homey?

1 Like

I must admit, I never had an issue with the old 2019 pro. But I had a small ZigBee network with 20 devices.

In general the HP2023 is faster. Faster boot time, faster app installation. Just generally snappier, but I didn’t had a Homey for 2 1/2 months, I can’t compare it that well.

1 Like

"Hi,

I am eagerly awaiting my first Homey and I was wondering what version of Nuki you have. I have heard that some individuals have had issues with the device and I just want to be informed. "

Nuke 2.0 with a Bridge :slight_smile:

Thanks

Thanks for sharing. I am honestly unsure if this made my wait for the new Homey Pro easier or harder.

One of my Homey’s recently died (that is OK, shit happens and it was and very very old one, the support was great and the backup feature is outstanding). I planned to wait for the new Pro to arrive. I messed around with Home Assistant for a few days, then bought another Homey for the gap until the new one comes in cause I can’t live without it :laughing:

1 Like

Hallo spkesDE,

I’m curious about the available RAM for the user installable apps, while Homey Pro 2023 has an additional 1GB.

Pro 2019 model (rough averages):
-Homey: ~250MB
-Other: ~50MB
-Available for apps: ~700MB

Probably ‘Homey’ and ‘Other’ use more RAM on the 2023 model, I think there’s not 1.7GB for apps.

Hey Peter,

Homey is currently using ~300 MB.
Other is 0 as of right now, but that changes if you enable SSH.
So it’s approximately 1,6-1,7 GB for apps.

Disclaimer

In case you forgot, the pro software and the app are still under development. Please understand that all the information shared right now is preliminary.

Thanks for the quick reply. That number seems very reasonable, while it is currently still in a test phase.
I know numbers still can change before the ‘public’ firmware is released, but it is a good thing to put that disclaimer in every reply during the Pro 2023 test phase.

1 Like

@spkesDE

Are you running the new app on Android or ios? I am wondering if this app is running better and faster on android than before. A lot of users have reported slow response for the Android app in the past including myself.

iOS as you can see at the screenshots above :slight_smile:

@spkesDE Curious to know if there are other improvements in the WebUI or mobile App, or do they look identical? For example I am often missing mobile friendly access to Insights in the App (would be great to view Insights directly from the device, like in the WebUI)?

The webApp is not yet touched,
There is only one mobile app for ALL Homey’s but at this moment in beta. A coupl of things are moved in the UI. They are ironing out bugs :bug: we wait until the release to public beta as Athom sill can change on our feedback.
It probably wil not change drastically from current mobile App but have a new fresh look.

3 Likes