Homey Pro and Google Chromecast on JBL Link Music

I have a speaker (JBL Link Music) that is Google Chromecast compatible and trying to control this from Homey via the Google Chromecast app. All setup and flows seem perfectly fine to set up, but no sound comes through the speakers. Selecting the radio channel and speaker volume works, but no sound unless I press the mute button on the speaker. Has no flow that activates mute, nor does it manually.
Anyone with experience and tips in relation to this?

Hi,
There should be (un)mute cards, but first try to use a ā€˜Stop castingā€™ card before every ā€˜Cast somethingā€™ card.
Because when I start casting and then send another cast command, it does not respond to that.
Screenshot from 2023-02-10 19-11-21

Hi,
First put in ā€œstop castingā€ and it didnā€™t help, but ā€œunmuteā€ fixed it! Had overlooked that option. Thank you very much Peter!

1 Like

Hi, youā€™re welcome, glad I could help!

1 Like

Yes, I do have similar experience, I was even contacting Athom on this but they didnā€™t believe this is the way it works for me (including the delays!)ā€¦ slightly different case but maybe it will give you a hint working for you. Btw I didnā€™t have to do that for any other Chromecast deviceā€¦ (Garden Speaker = JBL)ā€¦

What speakers are You using? I am specially curious about the garden one :slight_smile:

Itā€™s JBL Link Music