Homey bridge lost connection with Aqara switch T1 (no neutral)

I’ve connected the Aqara switch module T1 (no neutral) to the Homey Bridge. It’s working fine for a week.
Suddenly the connection get lost. The led on the switch is blinking red.
The switch is not responding on the flows. Switching using the Homey app is not working. Can’t save the edited settings of the switch.
Please help. What is the cause of losing the connection and how to fix it?

Without more information that would be guessing…

What is the distance with the bridge? How many other Zigbee devices do you have paired? For how long? are there other Zigbee router routers? Have you tried re-pairing it?

What is the load? have you tried it with another load?

Thanks for your response.

I just start connecting the first 5 Zigbee devices. The distance max 4 meter and they are all in the same room with the Bridge.

I repaired the switch successful, but not an easy job because the module is placed inside at traditional rocker switch.

I am not yet familiar with the common language. What do you mean with “load”?

Thanks.

Load is 'how many Watts the connected light(s) use´
But i’m not sure if that is your issue, if it worked fine for a week…
Is your wifi on a fixed channel? And what channel does zigbee use?
Fi.i. If Wifi uses ch.1, zigbee should be on anything above ch.18

Thanks for helping. I’ve learned a lot already :slight_smile:

The load of the SSM-U02 device is max 400 Watts.
For the router the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi is fixed on channel 6.
For the Homey Bridge Zigbee channel 11 is used.
Looking at the charts above, both channels are set correctly and are not inferring each other.

1 Like

Looking in the Homey Developers Tool I noticed the name of the device (SSM-U02) in the Zigbee network differs from the name of device in the devices overview. So I removed the device (SSM-U02) and restart the Homey Bridge. Still the (removed) device is visible in the Zigbee network of the Homey Bridge.

How can I remove the device from the Zigbee network?
I can use reset Zigbee network, but all devices will be unavailable and I assume all devices should be repaired again. Is my assumption correct?

And how many Watts is / are the connected lights? Higher than the minimum of 3 Watts?

In the same developers tool, go to Tools - ‘Devices’, and try to find the removed device here. When found, hit the bin icon on the right to remove it.

Yes, but your devices have to be paired again. Repair isn’t possible, while Homey sees them as new devices.
And the flows used with these devices have to be fixed.
But it can’t hurt to reset the Zigbee network.

When you have many flows to fix, there’s a neat script which can replace the device ID’s with the new ones
BUT you’d have to know the exact ‘old’ device names, and you’d name the ‘new’ devices slightly different.

And how many Watts is / are the connected lights? Higher than the minimum of 3 Watts?

In the same developers tool, go to Tools - ‘Devices’, and try to find the removed device here. When found, hit the bin icon on the right to remove it.

Yes, but your devices have to be paired again. Repair isn’t possible, while Homey sees them as new devices.
And the flows used with these devices have to be fixed.
But it can’t hurt to reset the Zigbee network.

When you have many flows to fix, there’s a neat script which can replace the device ID’s with the new ones.
It can be done using the ‘old’ and ‘new’ device names.

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa Thanks again for your help.

The load is more than 3 Watts.

After removing the SSM-U02 using Tools - Dives hitting the bin icon, the device SM-U02 was still visible as a node in the Tools Zigbee network panel.

After resetting the Zigbee network, all dives are removed from the Tools Zigbee network panel. I paired successfully the devices, except the SSM-U02. The device SSM-U02 is death and don’t show any response. The led on the device is not flashing red or blue. Have to return the SSM-U02 to the shop and buy another one.

A have currently a few flows. Fixing them will be not a big hassle.

1 Like

Using now an Aqara Wall switch H1 (no neutral) for a week without any issues. It is working without losing connection.