Homey apps - where to find them after update of web page?

No, it is more like Gmail, which was also in beta (so “under maintanance”) for over 5 years :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I cant remember for last 10 years that google/gmail would do something like this to customers.

1 Like

@Igy You have a short memory then - They do it time and time again.

Google Wave?
How about the ‘Inbox’ app?
Their RSS App?
Youtube app on microsoft - then later amazon devices?

How about pulling support for the NEST API?

Google do what they want, when they want - perhaps the difference is you dont have a forum to complain about them upon.

1 Like

The stupid actions Google take doesn’t justify Athom doing this, making this comparison just makes clear Athom has sunken to the level Google operates at.

1 Like

Lets just say i’m a little over everyone pretending that every other company is perfect. Either through ignorance or deception.

I see what you mean Jamie, but at every dumb move Athom makes people are coming up with examples of companies that do things that are even more stupid. If I had a company I wouldn’t want to be compared with the under performers, I would want to be compared to the achievers. Maybe it says enough about the people throwing in these useless comparisons.

And you consider those mentioned google functionalities as a core one? Missing apps for Homey is like turning off gmail and google search engine with cloud storage together.

The people come up with those examples because in 15 minutes the forum is flooded with the same … (fill in the dots). It’s not that the complete system is down, it’s just a page under maintenance. Indeed, let’s talk about throwing in useless…

And it’s very funny to see that the people that try to keep positive get the blame for throwing in sh*t while the forum is flooded with negative nagging about a non working page.

Maybe some people here should just make a good decision and move on to Smartthings, Fibaro or maybe even Hubitat. Of buy a cheap good old Homewizard and go old school. Because in my opinion they don’t add a very positive vibe to this community the last few months.

2 Likes

It’s not just a page under maintenance, it’s functionality is crippled without any prior warning or decent communication.
And keeping positive or downplaying a problem are 2 different things, so yeah when you make stupid remarks you’re to blame.
Athom is treating Homey as a toy product and leaves the people that bought their Homey as a system they rely on to automate their homes in the dark.

1 Like

Rest my case. Just like i said. Some people need to make a good decision for themselves. Ditch the toy and buy a more grown up and mature system. Better for everyone here. Saves a lot of grumpy nagging posts all over the place.

Right, ignore the key points in my response and think you have a case :+1:

Sure, something with a pot and a kettle. And i’m not the pot here…
But it’s obvious that for some reason you have an urge to burn down Athom on every occasion. Makes you thrive i guess. A bit sad in my opinion.

--------------------------------------------- <Line!

We slap u later for it m8

2 Likes

Please bring back the old App Store.
Fix the new one and bring it online again after To be sure it is running well
This is not good

1 Like

soon

I find it stunning to see how athom time after time seems to fuck things up over and over again. Me as a developer of certain apps was surprised by the change of the store. On the day of the release I got a mail that i need to update my apps just because they made a new store and are changing things in how apps are published etc.
I could understand it if they would have informed me about it a week or two weeks beforehand but on day of release???

7 Likes

It’s a bit better now, showing “Top 5” of several sections of the App Store now. However, there is still no way to actually browse through all the apps of a section or see if the named sections are all the sections that do exist.
IMHO still very much crippled and a downgrade.

4 Likes

Soon™