Homey Android App (7.0.3.1209) widget not working

After releasing the new Homey android app my widget is not working any more. I tried removing and installing the widget, but the result is the same after pushing/starting the widget: a pop-up with the text: “The flow could not be started”. I’m on android 12. I never had problems with the widget before the ‘new’ app was launched a few days ago. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Check the app rights again, and check if the ‘Energy Saving’ is not set to high.
F.i. turn it off, and then check if the widgets work.

2 Likes

Thanks Peter for your reply. Access to media was not allowed in the rights section, and I also loosened up the energies part. Then a reboot and again the same failure notification: the flow could not be started. Didn’t say this before, but starting this ‘favourite’ from within the Homey app is working fine. I wonder if this problem is due to the ‘new’ app because no users of this forum recognize the problem I have up till now.

Please do report the issue to Athom.
The Android v6.x app still works OK, here. But it’s not for Homey 2023

OK, thank you, Peter. Reported the issue to Athom.

Received a mail from Athom:

This issue has already been reported by other users and Development is working hard to fix this issue. I can’t give any guarantees on when this issue will be found and resolved, but please know that it has been forwarded to our development team and it will be investigated.

1 Like

Homey App 7.2.2 solves the problem. You have to remove the old widget, and then install a widget after installing the latest app.

Thanks for the tip. It was a case for my wife. Disabling power saving did the trick. However it looks like this is a regression issue as the version 8.0.2 has this problem again.

2 Likes

YW Reggie,

Keep in mind phone software updates could disable certain user changes, for example like someone from the manufacturer thought your phone should be on max energy savings by default.
So it’s possible your settings are gone, I always check the energy settings.

And always check the app permissions, especially when you moved from v7 to v8.
Location is by default set to:
‘only allow when app is used’
but it should be set to:
‘always allow’

1 Like