Homey 3.0 - What could it be?

Update works.
Android: The new features are not available.
The app needs to be updated. There is nothing to be found in the Playstore yet.

Thanks

enter all values ​​for each device.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Quite happy that this is where Athom had put their time in. I mean, who wants to have a reliable Bluetooth/ zigbee/ z-wave connection on a domotica controller anyway.

At least now I know how much energy my devices are wasting trying to contact my Homey :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I’m really surprised this warrants a V3 release. Maybe because v2 was such a big upgrade I feel a little disappointed here. Hopefully there’s a lot of behind the scenes bug fixes and changes in preparation for ZigBee etc

3 Likes

I agree. Disappointing. For me the most important features are backup, geofencing and zigbee
The rest is nice to have.

Did I mentioning a good backup system?

EDIT: I did just read in an other topic that presence is also improved. So maybe I’m to early commenting.

EDIT 2: where to find testflight code?

EDIT 3: I’m also surprised that the new app is not available while an update is

1 Like

If the experimental v3.0.0 release are installed and then the official release comes, can you then upgrade to that release without loosing everything you have installed and configured in the Homey?

Or is it as it is with Apps, if you install a Beta app and then installs a Official release you loose all devices that the app supports and need to re-add them to the Homey again.

Where did you read about the presence?

I’m not able to find it back again: :woozy_face:
But one TestFlight tester using the new app did mention that

I did found it again:

I did install the android V3.0.0 app and don’t see a difference

Android app update is online

power consumption of dimmed lamp indicates the app incorrectly. 20w halogen remains dimmed 20w. now the app shows dimmed 8w.

Not in my playstore, although i am betatester😬

Indeed. Just installed.
I did find a small error :yum:
The total usage is not correct if you use a wallplug connected to a smart device.
The total is adding both values of both devices to the total. See below nep 8 vogelkooi is adding twice the Rgbw kweekkooi because rgbw kweekkooi itself is also adding tot the total

I do not see a difference in presence

In my post I meant the Netgear app v3 :joy: I wasn’t referring to the Homey app. So just get a Netgear router, install my app, and enjoy working presence detection (based on wifi connection to the home network)

1 Like

Absolutely agree. Very disappointing.
Not even an increase in the Apps usability; still feels like a 2012 interface. So, mobility first,huh?!

Unfortunately from a strategic POV it makes sense:
„Green“ and „Greenwashing“ and everything’s related to that is the new „sex“; it just sells.

As Athom tries to expand they need the „Green“-factor. :man_shrugging::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oké. Im using your app allrready

Where to download app? Not in store

iOS with TestFlight. Android no idea

Hi, I am closing this thread as I believe that we are now ‘off-topic’ as Homey 3.0 has been announced.

If you have feedback about individual features/bugs/suggestions then I suggest you open a new topic for them. All bugs should have a support ticket opened for them :

For support or issue resolution, first have a look at support.athom.com. If you are unable to find the answer to your question on support.athom.com you can send a support request to Athom via https://support.athom.com/hc/requests/new.

If you need help you can read more about how to submit a support request.

When filing a support request, make sure you add all necessary information so Athom can help you as quickly as possible.

4 Likes