Homey 2023 "TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NOROUTE" problem

Hi, I have a very strange issue with my Homey 2023. I noted that one of my nodes needed re adding as it was showing as unknown and wasn’t letting me getting values from this node. After removing the node and reseting the device, I tried to add it to Homey. At this point, after going through the wizard to add a Multisensor 6 and following the typical process, it go’s to be added and then comes instantly comes back with TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NOROUTE. Of course, at this point the node is added but not quite so going to the dev portal and put the zwave network into removal mode and removing the partially added node. Now I bit this error (Even though in the past I have never had to do this) and moved the device closer to Homey (Practically right next to it) and tried to add again, which once again gave me a TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NOROUTE. Only after mashing the pair button, during the add, did I manage to get it to add properly, but not without a few TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NOROUTE errors for good measure. Now I have a completely different device (Greenwave Device) and this is doing the exact same, right next to Homey and apparently during adding it has “TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NOROUTE” error and fails to add. Is this a bug anyone else is finding with Homey 2023. I have had a few issues restoring my Backup when I first got it, which was somewhat frustrated, but this error is impassable at the moment.

first of all, I hope you already contacted Athom about it:

Report an Issue

If you have encountered an issue, please report it so our team can fix it. Even if you think it has already been reported, knowing how often it occurs help a lot solving it.

Second, this is an error that happens during inclusion in 1 of the several steps that happen during inclusion behind the scenes, haven’t seen it happen since the start of the old Homey Pro (in 2016), so it isn’t technically new, but it is of course for the new Homey Pro (early 2023).
You can try to re-include it several times, also at several distances, and keeping fingers crossed it will go through the inclusion process properly.
But of course first contact Athom.

Hi @stuartp44,

I’ve had this problem with my Homey Pro 2023 too (and reported it to Athom, what you should do too).
I had some unknown nodes in my Zwave network, which i deleted via https://tools.developer.homey.app/ And after a fresh reboot it worked again.

Maybe works for you too

2 Likes

I did report it to Homey before starting this thread. Just wanted to see if I was the only person @matrover . I am glad you have said what you said as it affirmed I couldn’t do anything else to get them working. I have tried the exact steps you mention but had no success, which is annoying. Hope this gets fixed as Homey 2023 was meant to help me reduce silly issues like this and now I seem to have got a monster compared to my 2016 version.

Have the same problem with adding a Fibaro GS213 Switch, I managed to add one (5 to go) but now it gives the error unless what I do. I cannot see any unknown node after error so it is not installed.
I resetted the Fibaro Switch

I had problems installing my Fibaro Switch (FGS 213) as mentioned above. I found out that when the switch is installed (e.g in ceiling) you can pair it by switching it fast 3 times on and off. Then Homey recognizes it and after that again switch on and off 3 times and is paired.
Instructions says to push little resetbutton 3 times on the switch itself but is not necessary.

Not only the Fibaro switches, but other z-wave devices give the same error TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_NOROUTE.

I reinstalled the apps - reset the devices - near the Homey ( 100 cm) - started the Homey Pro again, but i’m started to get irritated by this error so for now I quitte.

Ofcourse I reported it to Athom, but I find it strange that this error is not new to the Homey Pro 2023, seen reports earlier, and nowhere an decent answer to be found. Not even that they are working on it.

I have the same problem, it’s unbelievable how much problem and time I have spent on this new Homey Pro already! It took me many hours just to access the Homey! Nothing works! I try and try but still not working. I REALLY hope it will be better! I thought this product was top of line in the world when I ordered it.

Hi, I have the same problem with Telldus Z-wave TZWP-102. Software (or Firmware?) 10.0.0-rc.118. What should I (we) do?

If you install the latest Experimental update: Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey , maybe it will fix the issue.

In V10.0.0-Rc.121 the Firmware of Z-wave is updated.

100cm is not what they meant with “near”, it should almost touch.

Both methods should work, but the method with the switch is the preferred method:

Btw, the little button B is not the resetting button, it’s the Service Button.

No problem at all, it was done in less than 10 minutes (firmware 10.0.0-rc.73!, so long time ago).

I’m sorry you’re so dissatisfied. But firmware updates are still released regularly and bugs are fixed.
So the only thing I can recommend is to contact Athom support.

First of all. I also tried it next to homey. One mm futher and I had to break the housing.
Second. The devices are working fine, also at a great distance, with my Homecenter 2

My wish is to replace my HC2 with the homey pro 2023, but at this time I stick to the HC2 with all his flaws.

That’s nice, but my homey is still version 10.0.0-Rc.118 and according the update ‘button’ it’s the latest version available.

Yes, that is the latest stable release. You have to activate “Experimental updates” in tools.developer.homey.app , to get the experimental ones.

I have the same error when adding the Qubino Flush dimmer 0-10v. I added 3 of them with no problem. Adding the 4th didn’t work and gave me that error. Upgraded to the “Experimental updates” and now have version 10.0.0-rc. 122 and I still have the same error. Have 3 more of these dimmers but all of them are giving the same error when adding. Also reported the issue to Athom support yesterday.

I have the 2023 Homey PRO for clarity.

Thx Marius, but it didn’t solved the problem.

Even after installing the Experimental update10.0.0-rc.122, Homey Pro 2023 still has trouble with Fibaro modules and in my case also Sensative Guard strips.
The Sensors from Philio, z-wave, have no problems at all.

I believe that Athom is aware of this problem since beginning april this year.

I really hope they solve this issue soon, otherwise I have to transfer some devices back to the Homecenter 2 to keep my domotica running.

It looks like its finally made the fault list but I am not sure the wording is exact;

Known Software Issues

• Zigbee — Devices might suddenly leave the network.
  • Zigbee — Devices might not report their values after one or two days.
  • Z-Wave — After migrating, one or more nodes might be missing. We are waiting for Silicon Labs to solve this issue.
    → * Z-Wave — In some situations users may notice a TRANSMIT_NO_ROUTE error, or a “Could not reach the device anymore” error when adding a new Z-Wave device. We are working with Silicon Labs to resolve this issue.
    Homey Pro — Early Access Status | Homey

I did purchase a new zwave device the other day and yet again it wouldn’t stop saying about no route. I did finally manage to get it to do what I wanted it too.

Frustrating… I am disenfranchised at the moment as there is so many issues (Zigbee issues aka Ikea blinds just leaving the network, ZWave issues, presence cards problems). I am not sure the statement of “Release Candidate 133” is a great statement of stability. I feal we are in the BETA stability here…

1 Like

Not sure if there is now a update that now fixes this - v10.0.0-rc.139 > Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey