Homey 2.0.0 Experimental discussion [EN]

Its a very big difference, by your logic Athom should not release any updates to Homey unless every single bug and issue is fixed. If you were to follow your logic - version 1.5 would never have been released because it still have bugs in it identified in v1.4 - or for that matter no version ever of homey would ever be released.

I guess I also disagree about there being an angle in which to argue about as well.

3 Likes

One example

v2 - 4 DIFFERENT brands of motion sensorsā€¦
All have issues with tracking the motion changes - Coincidence? Athom blame the developer of the devicesā€¦ hmmmā€¦

v1.5 - same motions sensors work fine 100% of the timeā€¦

Motions sensors are FUNDAMENTAL to automation. If you dont have a fundamental issue worked out and a solution in testing, then how can you put a 5 days release schedule out thereā€¦

Well you can, if you dont care about fixing the bugā€¦ which is what my point wasā€¦

3 Likes

I just added another Fibaro Double Switch 2 to the Wall but there seems to be something that screwed up.

First I checked in developer.athome.com and spotted that I have 3 unkown nodes but I donā€™t know why they arenā€™t properly recognized or might they ā€˜ghostā€™ devices from deleted z-waves modules which somehow remained in the system?

Also when I added my wallswitch 2 I received the notification at the end of the inclusion that no z-wave device was found yet when I try again to include it I get the message that it has already been added but I donā€™t seem to be able finding the device anywhere :joy:

Edit: Reset the device and included it again. So it work besides that it was weirdly fast. It identified the z-wave module as slave and bam done. Usually it does security exchange, runs 21 parameters etc.

Well, if that is the case, and sometimes the optics indeed are like that, then we have bought our self into a world of pain. Then we better head for the hills

But every company has constraints it has to work with, in time scope people budget. There is just no unlimited variant in the real world. They have to make choices. And ultimately we as costumers, too

Well communication goes a long way. I feel a little bit more involvement of athom in the forum would strengthen the community tremendously.

Homey v2.0.0 experimental

Homey v2.0 is here! Get the Homey app and enjoy the biggest update weā€™ve ever made!

https://firmware.athom.com/

alll i can do is

:disappointed_relieved::thinking::sleepy:

Ok, so instead of polishing it a bit further they just throw it out in the open. Yehā€¦ great idea. Wonderful.

5 Likes

Then you can keep on polishing, you need draw a line somewhere so they can sell homeys again.

They will keep polishing when it is released, and people arenā€™t forced to update either (you still need to download the Gen 2 app, and press the update button manually)

2 Likes

Still expirimental

1 Like

Sure, but the timer runs out in 4 days.

Lotts off work to do :wink:

1 Like

Really? You go on the website and they are promoting this and the very nature of the home automation enthusiast is to tinkerā€¦ what else is someone going to doā€¦

ESPECIALLY when they hit bugs in 1.5 - they assumeā€¦ oh I am sure Version 2.0 is miles ahead on these bugsā€¦ It si after all, the biggest update ever doneā€¦

ohā€¦ waitā€¦ noā€¦ it hasnt fixed this stuffā€¦

actuallyā€¦waitā€¦ stuff is now missing that I did haveā€¦

and they are screwed then

And thenā€¦ they come on here and get flamed for complaining

4 Likes

I think the mobile app will become available.

11-003

EXPERIMENTAL so, whats the difference?

1 Like

Honestly im not sure iā€™ve personally always kinda viewed it as

RC = (Open) Beta
Experimental = Release Candidate

The RCā€™s are on the experimental channel too, arenā€™t they?

So:

• experimental = ā€œnot stableā€
  • RC = (open) beta
  • on-experimental-but-not-an-RC-or-beta-or-alpha = release candidate (GM)
2 Likes

I start to reply to you ā€¦ then gave up started turning into a Abbott & Costello Whoā€™s On First Routine.

4 Likes

To me the rcā€™s were alpha versions and the current 2.0 feels like beta1.

2 Likes

So, it looks like we are going to 2.0 in a couple of days no matter what.
Now, I was wondering, if you load the experimental now, will the download for the final be less, or is it going to download a full image anyway?

In the first scenario I would be tempted to download now, in the latter scenario I will just hold off until final, choices, choices, choices